Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+116 Students
- A+108 Students
- B-84 Students
- B+73 Students
- C69 Students
- B-63 Students
- A-60 Students
- B-50 Students
- C+48 Students
- B41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Towers High School Reviews
Review Towers High School
There are so many options for extracurricular activities at Towers. Whether it be a physical or mental activity, the variety is endless. Nearly all of the students participate in at least one extracurricular activity but some are involved in up to 6 extracurricular activities throughout a year at Towers. The level of commitment to different clubs is remarkable by both the advisers and student-lead. The most popular are the activities involving sports or leadership development. The administration supports every activity on the campus whether it happens during a school day or after school.
I had a lot of bad experiences with prior administration. The way they went about interacting with the kids I did not like, and when they were called out on their actions they denied it. Also I feel that all sports should be treated fairly. The girls softball field needs a LOT of work. There is no way that the girls and coaches should have to go on the field daily and work to get the field ready daily just to practice on it.
Although it may have bad reviews and a lot of negative comments, Towers High School is truly a great school. This school is unique because of the students here. Every student has their own potential that is unlimited and able to reach. Their self-esteem and drive may be lowered because of the comments that are made. Also, because of the negative reputation that is supposed to be uphold. The school can be even more unique if these students prevail and chase that potential. Change the minds of the doubters, and allow themselves to become aware of the rejection that they receive just because they attend a lower performing high school. Show people that they, too, can earn the same opportunities that students from the top schools are given. My experience at this school has been amazing. I have grown and matured so much over the past four years. Both mentally and emotionally. I came into high school already defeated, because of what people were telling me about my school. Then actually seeing what they were talking about made it worse and kind of lowered my self-esteem. As I got older and matured, I quickly realized what their problem was. Our self-esteem was low. There was no motivation from our peers because all they did was belittle each other. People being judged every day, making insecurities about people that shouldn't even be there. After realizing all of these things, it became good motivation. I took it upon myself to do the opposite of what my classmates were doing and to go against the odds. Second semester of my 9th grade year I began to take accelerated classes and slowly became a recognizable student from earning AB Honor Roll. From 10th grade until now as a senior, I have took almost every accelerated and Advance Placement course at Towers High School. I am now on the right track to graduate and attend my dream school, Morehouse College in the fall of 2016. My experience at Towers High School has been great, and I would definitely do it again if I could.