Towers High School is a public school located in Decatur, GA. It has 962 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 3% of students are at least proficient in math and 13% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B195 Students
- A+149 Students
- B+122 Students
- C115 Students
- B-108 Students
- C+103 Students
- C+95 Students
- A-94 Students
- C+93 Students
- B-70 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Towers High School Reviews
For me, my experience at Towers High School was very good. I played with the band since middle school and although our former band director is no longer there, she was great at what she did. Despite what anyone else may say, Towers is a good school. There are a lot of people that actually care about you and want you to succeed. All schools have their flaws but I could not have pictured myself going to a different school. The administration could use a lot of work now that we had new staff members come in but this year we have been getting both seniors and juniors prepared for college. I feel as though Towers could be better if we had more support.
I went to this school in 2013 and there were some good things about it and some bad. I felt like they are still trying to get it together but one thing I would like to see change most at this school is the drive and willingness from administrators to help ALL students. Also, parent involvement is important as well.
There were many things I enjoyed about attending Towers. While being apart of the band, I experienced traveling to Paris with the help of teachers and the prior administration. I’ve also been able to travel to northern states with the college prep advisor. The teachers encourage the students to be competitive and productive in and out of school.