Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Towanda Area Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Towanda, PA. It has 684 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Towanda Area Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+37 Students
- B-25 Students
- A+25 Students
- B23 Students
- C+19 Students
- A15 Students
- C+14 Students
- B13 Students
- A-13 Students
- A-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Towanda Area Junior/Senior High School
- C+Northeast Bradford Junior/Senior High School
- Northeast Bradford School District, PA
- 67 reviews
- C+Troy Area Junior/Senior High School
- Troy Area School District, PA
- 106 reviews
- B-Athens Area High School
- Athens Area School District, PA
- 81 reviews
- B-Wyalusing Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Wyalusing Area School District, PA
- 45 reviews
Towanda Area Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Ultimately, the overall student body's attitude is disheartening. Few are motivated to do their work, but it isn't the teachers' problem. Our community has its advantages and disadvantages, but one word that best describes it is tight-knit. I found success with the curriculum and was a competitive applicant to T20 colleges. There are limitless extracurricular opportunities for those seeking them. Our test scores reflect the average student attending; they aren't a good indicator of success for hard-working students. We have tons of school spirit when it comes to football and wrestling. Basketball and volleyball are gaining popularity, as well as soccer. The band even has its own fanbase. Our schedule has been inconsistent, with the most recent change going from a 10 period day to A and B block schedules with 70 minute periods. For the general things, you can go to our website at tsd.k12.pa.us.
My time at Towanda High School was unforgettable. All of the students, teachers and other faculty are all so welcoming to everyone that walks through those doors. There is a very supportive nature among the community of the school. There is a place for everyone as there is an incredibly accepting atmosphere and that is something I will always treasure about Towanda High School.
Very good personable teachers with the intention to actually help, however, repeated problems with some students has caused many problems throughout the school. Needs to improve safety protocol.