Torrey Pines High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+345 Students
- A+277 Students
- A+254 Students
- A+246 Students
- A-237 Students
- A234 Students
- A175 Students
- A+164 Students
- A162 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.34 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.34 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 59 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Torrey Pines High School Reviews
Review Torrey Pines High School
Torrey Pines has opened my mind and eyes to many things. It has taught me how to work hard and strive to be greater everyday. The teachers care for their students and want the best for them. They push us past our limits thus teaching us valuable lessons and how to be hard workers. The campus is big, the people are friendly and although the classes can be challenging they will keep you on your feet wanting to learn more and more. I have met my best friends at this school and have gone through rough patches but everyone here is extremely supportive and proud to be studying at this amazing of a school. Everyday is a great day to be a falcon!
With an amazing ocean view, a beautiful campus, and extraordinary academics, I can proudly say TPHS is place of pure greatness. As the third generation in my family to attend this school, I feel immensely delighted to continue the tradition. All of the students are caring towards one another and the clubs and sports help the student body get involved. I love attending Torrey Pines and I couldn't imagine my high school career anywhere else!
There are hit-and-miss teachers with the curriculum, but looking at it beyond an academic point of view, it offers the typical HS experience with football games, all top-ranked sports teams, competitive mathletes and Science Fair ranked students, and different niches to fill any student's needs. I think the climate is what raises the school's rank because people come from competitive backgrounds, and families with high expectations. Compared to what administration could be doing to facilitate this, it is makes a negligible difference.