Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Topeka High School is an above average, public school located in Topeka, KS. It has 1,617 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Topeka High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B371 Students
- A-367 Students
- A-317 Students
- B218 Students
- B-173 Students
- B+95 Students
- B93 Students
- B91 Students
- C+83 Students
- B+69 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.36 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.36 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 143 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Topeka High School Reviews
I went there for all four years of high school and it wasn't the greatest experience, but the school itself is a really cool place to be in and look at! The architecture is beautiful and is a marvel to gaze at. The teachers did their jobs, but lacked enthusiasm and excitement. Overall, it's a decent high school experience!
There is great pride among the students and staff at Topeka High School. We often have packed stands during sporting events along with an enthusiastic student section dressed according to the game theme. There are many AP (college readiness courses) along with counselors and opportunities at a local tech school (Washburn Insitute of Technology) and Topeka Center for Advanced Learning and Careers (TCALC). Washburn Tech and TCALC allow students to take courses at those institutions to jumpstart their training for careers while still completing the necessary credits to graduate high school. There are also opportunities for students to take classes for dual (high school and college) credit through Washburn University. All college credits earned are guaranteed to transfer to any in-state university. Overall Topeka High is a great school with opportunities for students from all backgrounds to succeed in any path of life regardless of the stigma surrounding it being a diverse school.
Topeka High was a great high school to attend. I will forever remember the colors black and gold, and recognize them as the colors of our Trojan. Going to school at Topeka High was unlike any other school I had attended in the past. The school itself had so much character, so much diversity, and just full of opportunities. The staff and faculty at Topeka High School were there for the students and willing to do what they could to push the students into succeeding. I will be recommending Topeka High School to my kids in the future, with the hope that they appreciate the Trojan as much as I do. I know that my kids would receive a good education with so much opportunities on the side, because that's how Topeka High School tradition works. Although, if my kids were to attend Topeka High I'd make sure they take lunches from home because their school lunches are less than adequate.