Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Tonopah Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Tonopah, AZ. It has 566 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Tonopah Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B213 Students
- A173 Students
- B130 Students
- A124 Students
- B-85 Students
- B+65 Students
- B-46 Students
- B+42 Students
- C+40 Students
- B37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Tonopah Valley High School Reviews
Tonopah Valley High School offers a lot of extra curricular activities and classes that can be enjoyed by everyone. With amazing teachers to help along the way, you simply can't go wrong with it. The assistant staff and student counselor, shout out to Ms. Kirby, is top notch and provides the help each and every student needs to them. You want to play football? There's a college sized football stadium there! Want to join robotics? An amazing robotics team is there. Want to take Forensics? If you get taught by Mr. Reed, you'll have a blast and learn some great skills along the way; I almost changed my career choice because of this class. No matter what it is, Graphics, Programming, Dance, etc., TVHS has got you covered with great help and amazing people along the way.
Tonopah Valley is a small school in the middle of no where but don't let that fool you. They offer alot. The coachs prepare the student-atheltes for not only upcoming games but also real life. The advisor is so hard working and its obvious she cares so much about every student. 5 CTE programs, Child Hood Development, Business, Construction, Medical Assistant(new), and Software development, they are ran by dedicated advisors. They provide Student organizations, SKILLSUSA, National Honor Society, FCCLA, and FBLA. The lunches could be better but let's be honest, is there actually a school that actually has good food? Tonopah Valley is a great school, and personally, I enjoy going to school everyday.
My experience at Tonopah Valley High School has been good. I like what has been done in practice of holding kids at a decent standard. Our counselor Ms. Kirby holds us at a high rank. She continues to help us with anything that is needed. Sends emails, keeps us notified on what's going on. Goes out of her way just to help us with whatever is needed. Without her, many would be lost. The school is a clean environment, but a small school as well. We have a lot of great activities held for us. We are close, and bullying is at bare minimum. Respect is expected among the students. Football has been a great practice for us, as we are a small school. We have ranked high in division for what we have. Coaches and teachers are good to talk to, don't mind letting you vent if needed. A couple things I would like to see change, is the dances and some activities, as well as the assemblies.