Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Tonkawa High School is a public school located in Tonkawa, OK. It has 188 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Tonkawa High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B46 Students
- A28 Students
- B23 Students
- A20 Students
- C15 Students
- C10 Students
- B-6 Students
- B-6 Students
- B5 Students
- A-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Tonkawa High School
Tonkawa High School Reviews
I liked how welcomed I was when we moved my sophomore year, but I would like the administration to consider cheerleading a sport as well as the principle to not make decisions based on how it will make him look. The principle also needs to greet people just a little nicer.
There are so many clubs to choose from. It all depends on what you like at Tonkawa high school. There are agriculture clubs, Drama clubs, Music clubs, Math clubs, it all depends on you. The commitment to these clubs are outstanding the students put one hundred percent into everything they do. The most popular club is the agriculture club. Just because everyone enjoys the agriculture classes that the high school provides. The administration has full support with us in theses club. They help us with whatever we need. After school activities are a great way just to hangout, play some basketball or football, meet new friends. I encourage students to join these clubs and attend the after school activities these are what makes your high school experience memorable.
The teachers at Tonkawa High school are amazing. The teachers there actually care about you and your education. They will work with you and help find a better way to teach you. Whether you are a visual learner that learns better by seeing how problem are worked out or you are a auditory learn, someone that learns by hearing or speaking, and a Kinesthetic learner, someone that prefers to learn by doing. The teachers will include all those teaching styles in their classrooms. The teachers there are so welcoming. They make you feel good about yourself. They make you feel like you are someone. All of the teachers there address you by your name and not by "some student". The teachers at Tonkawa High school make the high school a great one.