Tomah High School is a public school located in Tomah, WI. It has 869 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Tomah High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+86 Students
- B+73 Students
- A-72 Students
- B+52 Students
- B39 Students
- B35 Students
- A+29 Students
- B24 Students
- B+19 Students
- B-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Tomah High School Reviews
As a current student, I can say Tomah High School is an excellent school with amazing features. Many of the student's parents have gone to this school before them, which is why they go here too. There have also been an Abundant amount of teachers who attended Tomah and have come back to teach. Tomah is a great school with a very diverse culture. Students enjoy the number of opportunities they have joining clubs and athletics. There is very limited bullying that is tolerated, along with various healthy lunch options. Tomah High School has a very supportive community that enjoys being involved with the booster club or making anonymous donations to the TechEd Departments. Students also support their community by volunteering at local fundraisers or the mobile food pantry. Tomah High School is also a great school district with high academic scores being posted in the local newspapers every quarter. We have an amazing environment with multiple people supporting the school every day.
What I like about Tomah High School are the various classes offered to help endure my health career path. They offer classes that allow me to get college credit, job shadow, and have helped me become a Certified Nursing Assistant. Having these opportunities have led me to understanding what I want to major in for college; nursing. The school is very supportive and revolves your schedule based around classes to your benefit. Ways I wish Tomah High School could improve their atmosphere is creating more positive spirit within the staff and students. A typical day between students can be very negative and students do not do their best to strive for their best education.
When I attended Tomah High School, I joined in the middle of the year as a sophomore. The one thing that stood out to me the most for the 6 months I spent there was the students. They are absolutely horrible and did not make me feel welcome whatsoever and I sat alone everyday at lunch because of it. The staff also kind of sucks because they did not notify the teachers I was new so I was thrown into this school blindly with minimal support. The only thing I can say positively about this school are the teachers in the art department, very sensible people. I no longer go there but if you are thinking of enrolling your child in this school, just don’t it’s not worth it.