Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Tom Bean High School is a public school located in Tom Bean, TX. It has 200 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-28 Students
- B+25 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+21 Students
- B19 Students
- B+16 Students
- B+13 Students
- A12 Students
- B12 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Tom Bean High School
- BBlue Ridge High School
- Blue Ridge Independent School District, TX
- 32 reviews
- B+Trenton High School
- Trenton Independent School District, TX
- 65 reviews
- A-Whitewright High School
- Whitewright Independent School District, TX
- 42 reviews
- BHowe High School
- Howe Independent School District, TX
- 37 reviews
Tom Bean High School Reviews
Joining the band program at our school was one of the greatest choices i made. The directors are so caring and they try to bring out the best in all of us. They push us farther than we thought we could go. They know when something is wrong and try to cheer us up. Everyone in band is like a family; and i love it. Our program is so successful because we work together and push past our limits. If i could go through school again, i might if we still had such a great band program!
My experience at TBHS was good although I feel like it could have been better. I loved the fact that I was involved in everything and that is one of the perks of going to a small high school. It could have been improved had the teachers cared more about the students education. It did not seem like the teachers cared about our future success past high school. Other than that, it was exceptional.
I've gone to Tom Bean my entire life. The school has improved a lot since my freshman year. We've been through many principals, teachers, and superintendents. However, the change has only been for the better. I feel as if Tom Bean is finally coming out of its struggle and becoming a better school overall.