Toledo School for the Arts is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Toledo, OH. It has 679 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B115 Students
- B107 Students
- A+72 Students
- A-41 Students
- B-35 Students
- A-33 Students
- A+31 Students
- B30 Students
- A22 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Toledo School for the Arts Reviews
Not really an "arts school" but rather a typical high school with arts electives. Arts are not integrated into the academic classes as one might expect. This school is known around Toledo for its overwhelming amount of homework. Even weekends and holidays are full of homework that was assigned at the start of the weekend/break and due upon return from break. TSA does not practice "equal opportunity" for all students. Many favorites chosen in dance and theater. Others do not have a chance to advance in those classes or perform on stage. How is a student to gain experience if they do not perform in front of others? Administration does not want to hear from parents or students regarding ideas to benefit the school or issues that arise at the school. Most troubling are teachers who every year belittle and bully students in their classrooms while administration does nothing, even promotes them to teach the CCP courses. Parent org sadly lacks any initiative to address issues.
A blessing I’ve had in my life was being able to attend a performing arts middle and high school that has also contributed to the openness of my views. It has taught me that a sense of community is incredibly important to succeeding as a group. I think I work better in groups because I’ve had an immense amount of experience working with classmates on a common goal. At Toledo School for the Arts, we value everyone and who they choose to be. We aren’t prejudice because every student and faculty member is so unique in their own way that we would become hypocrites if we were discriminatory. Because of this, everyone has their own story and values to pass on. It truly seems like there is an unlimited amount of knowledge you can obtain by just talking to an individual here. I am incredibly thankful and lucky to have been able to attend this school for 6 years and walk away with all the experiences and life lessons it has taught me.
I’ve had three children through TSA, and I wouldn’t dream of sending them anywhere else! We have great suburban public schools and private schools to choose from, also. TSA is an amazing school whose results speak for themselves!