Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Tiverton High School is an above average, public school located in Tiverton, RI. It has 511 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Tiverton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B99 Students
- B-48 Students
- A+37 Students
- B-37 Students
- B+29 Students
- B-27 Students
- A26 Students
- A+25 Students
- C+23 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responses
- Pep rally18%
- Winter semi18%
- Count the vodka bottles found behind the school6%
- Pep rallies6%
- Skipping to go to the city nearby and walk the Ave6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Tiverton High School
- BMt. Hope High School
- Bristol Warren Regional School District, RI
- 176 reviews
- C+Pilgrim High School
- Warwick Public Schools, RI
- 233 reviews
- B-East Providence High School
- East Providence School District, RI
- 278 reviews
- B+Middletown High School
- Middletown Public Schools, RI
- 192 reviews
Tiverton High School Reviews
Tiverton High school is a small town high school with under one thousand students. They offer as many clubs, sports and activities as they possibly can with such a small student body. If I could change things about the school, I would offer more foreign languages for students to take, more diversity in which sports to choose from and more ethnic diversity of the student population. I have always felt safe at Tiverton High School because of the police presence and how much attention the administration pays to making sure every entrance is securely locked during the day. I have always found the faculty to be welcoming and inviting and supportive towards all students.
Tiverton High School is a small public school in a suburban area. As an alumni, I found that the faculty were overall very passionate and truly wanted to see their students succeed. I met some inspiring mentors that I still keep in contact with to this day. Some current challenges the school faces is a lack of funding and outdated books, resources, and school building. As a student at Tiverton High School, I found that there was great potential to succeed if you applied yourself, but it was also very easy to get lost in the shuffle and slack off. If supplied with greater funding and resources, I believe the faculty at Tiverton High School could put together a great educational program for their students.
Good small town high school, teachers are very nice and fair. Large amount of activities/groups/clubs for everyone and the school has a great culture.