Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Tinora High School is a highly rated, public school located in Defiance, OH. It has 319 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B54 Students
- A+52 Students
- B39 Students
- A-31 Students
- B-24 Students
- C+19 Students
- B19 Students
- A-18 Students
- A18 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Tinora High School
- A-Archbold High School
- Archbold-Area Local School District, OH
- 95 reviews
- BBryan Middle School/High School
- Bryan City School District, OH
- 81 reviews
- B+Ayersville High School
- Ayersville Local School District, OH
- 37 reviews
- B+Fairview High School
- Central Local School District, OH
- 45 reviews
Tinora High School Reviews
Tinora High School is a small, yet powerful high school. I liked the small class sizes; they allowed more one-on-one teacher to student learning, which increased my comprehension of subjects. My teachers were always willing to offer help if a student was not fully understanding the topic. They would even give up their own time - staying after school, arriving to school early, taking time out of their free period - to make sure that their students were thriving. The entire high school has a positive atmosphere. There are many sports and various clubs that all students are encouraged to participate in. The staff as well as the students try their best to make sure that everyone is included and well-treated.
Overall, My experience at Tinora has been great! I have made a lot of friends and interacted with people I never thought I would. The teachers are friendly and are willing to help you at any time.
The school should be a more diverse and inclusive environment for everyone to fit in and feel good while going through a tough part of their lives. Students already go through a lot of personal changes and self discovery and this school was a very toxic environment that did not help. This school needs better education, administration, music and arts, etc.