Timpview High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+310 Students
- B-206 Students
- A-169 Students
- B+105 Students
- B46 Students
- B42 Students
- B40 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+33 Students
- B-30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.45 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Timpview High School Reviews
Review Timpview High School
I'm a 2017 graduate of Timpview High School. Timpview offers rigorous academics and is in fact ranked the #1 most challenging school in Utah. With teachers who own masters and doctorate degrees, have met or studied with famous people in their specific fields, it's no surprise that this school is academically challenging and rigorous. The school offers AP courses, DL courses ( distance learning*college courses streamed live to the students at the school) and CE courses (concurrent enrollment courses where qualified college teachers teach in the school and students can get college credit).
My time at Timpview was very academically challenging, but I felt very prepared for the end of year tests and for college. I also felt like I had been able to truly learn at this school. It is fairly cliquey in the respect that no one generally mingles outside of their own friends group. But I have never witnessed any bullying or bias. Everyone I've interacted with has been very kind. Another problem is high amounts of pressure in the classroom. Most teachers are unwilling to make any exceptions for students. Rules are cut and dry, and if it doesn't work, then that's just too bad. This being said, I did enjoy Timpview. Its atmosphere was bright, ambitious, and friendly. I grew immensely in academics and generally felt accepted here. The only thing I would want Timpview to change is its one-way mindset. They tend to think that there is only one way to be successful. It would be nice if Timpview prepared people better for other paths.
I liked how strong Timpview was about academics. A lot of my peers went on to top schools around the country. However, I hated how close-minded it felt. There was almost no representation or diversity at Timpview at all. I remember my freshman year we actually had a graph of the different races at Timpview and I remember feeling really alone when I saw how my race was among the lowest at Timpview. I've also had horrible experiences with the faculty. Twice I have had bad teachers who have yelled at students in their classes and repeatedly caused scenes. I have also seen them bad mouth other kids. When I brought the faculties attention to this, they ignored me. I wouldn't recommend Timpview.