Times2 Academy is an above average, public, charter school located in Providence, RI. It has 726 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 18% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Times2 Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B96 Students
- B-73 Students
- A-49 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+32 Students
- B-28 Students
- B-27 Students
- A+25 Students
- C23 Students
- B22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Times2 Academy
- CAcademy for Career Exploration
- Providence Public Schools, RI
- 57 reviews
- BBeacon Charter School
- Beacon Charter School, RI
- 85 reviews
- B-Blackstone Academy Charter School
- Public School
- Pawtucket, RI
- 65 reviews
- BPaul Cuffee Charter School
- Public School
- Providence, RI
- 27 reviews
Times2 Academy Reviews
Times2 changed my life. It was my dedicated teachers who inspired me to chase my dreams. They prepared me for college and always went the extra mile. I could stay at school until 7 o'clock at night to get extra help, we even had Saturday academy where kids could come in and work with teachers to complete assignments. I always felt like we were a family. I graduated feeling confident in myself and determined that I would be successful within my career. I am forever grateful for having the opportunity to be taught by one of the best college preparatory charter schools in the state!
As a student who started freshman year in Times2 Stem Academy my overall experience has been great.Times2 really prepares you for college ahead of time and guides you through the right steps.There are teachers who really go above and beyond to help you achieve your goals and challenge your limits. A couple of things I'd like to change in this school is the communication between administrators and students.Every student has a voice and they should be able to use it in a positive way to get their message across to administrators without having any problems.As a student the environment needs to be changed as well because my school is currently going through things and I'd like to be welcomed every morning with positive thoughts,not feel hatred coming to school or unmotivated .I would love to come to school everyday knowing that I have teachers,counselors and principals that will teach and help me throughout anything.
It is a very unique school and is devoted to giving opportunities to minority students. Students learn in STEM early on in their education and it is a school that is very focused on advancing their students. Most of the classrooms are engaging and experiential learning. It is a school with a big goal but it does need some help within communication between student and faculty. Communication between student and Administration is not going to be perfect but it would be great to try to fix this ongoing issue. Students aren’t easily given the opportunity to express themselves through art.