Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Thurston High School is a public school located in Springfield, OR. It has 1,310 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Thurston High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-309 Students
- A-265 Students
- C206 Students
- B99 Students
- B-99 Students
- B69 Students
- B-64 Students
- A-59 Students
- B-57 Students
- NG46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.36 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Thurston High School
- C+Springfield High School
- Springfield School District, OR
- 175 reviews
- C+Creswell High School
- Creswell School District, OR
- 44 reviews
- BWillamette High School
- Bethel School District, OR
- 243 reviews
- BNorth Eugene High School
- Eugene School District, OR
- 336 reviews
Thurston High School Reviews
Thurston High School is one of the best schools in my area. The teachers at Thurston care so deeply for their students success, and I feel lucky to be a part of the Thurston community. While the academics are strong, the athletics do not fall far behind either! Thurston is home to many state titles, most notable the 5A Football State Title for 2018/2019, as well as national titles belonging to our cheerleading team. Thurston also offers outstanding arts programs! The choir, theater, and instrumental programs constantly wow the students at my school. Thurston has been a fantastic place to go to high school.
My experience at Thurston High School has been quite the whirlwind of opportunities and a challenging but fun journey. I've learned much and been through much, and have been especially thankful for the resources for classes and my life in after high school, that my counselor has provided to me. I am also thankful for the after school/fine arts courses I've had the chance to perform and be in. It's probably been one of the best parts of high school. I wouldn't say there is much that needs to change, other than the continued support of sports and such, where other extracurriculars and activities deserve the same funding and advantages as others. I'm not saying anything big or crucial has to change, just a suggestion.
This is a well-rounded school. Many staff and students are welcoming and are for each other. The school does a pretty good job at educating, but like all schools there is room for improvement. The school is very sport related, and it takes pride in its sports. The school has also incorporated teachers that have expanded knowledge, so that they can teach tougher classes. For example, they offer AP and College Now classes for students who are interested in getting college credit during their high school years. This school obtains high standards for the students safety, so they have hall monitors and a personal police officer always on campus. I personally feel that with these efforts the school is more safe compared other schools around the nation.