Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Thunder Ridge High School is a public school located in Kensington, KS. It has 78 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1.
Thunder Ridge High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B15 Students
- A-15 Students
- B+5 Students
- B-4 Students
- A-4 Students
- B3 Students
- B-3 Students
- C+2 Students
- B-2 Students
- C+2 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Thunder Ridge High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Thunder Ridge High School Reviews
During high school I was able to grow into the person I am today. Going to a smaller school, I was able to become closer to both my teachers and classmates. I think that it was easy for me to be myself because of the fact that I was so comfortable with those around me. If I could change anything at Thunder Ridge High School, it would be the way of teaching. I think that a few of the teachers have ways of teaching that aren’t always effective because of the age difference between the high schoolers and teachers. I also would like to see more classes available because there aren’t any advanced classes available due to the lack of interest in said classes. All in all, I have enjoyed my four years at Thunder Ridge High School. I was comfortable with my teachers and peers and was able to learn both educational and life concepts. Other than the few things that I thought could be adjusted, I wouldn’t change anything about the amazing place that I was able to call home for four years.
Decent high school, with the opportunity to create good relationships with your teachers, but I felt very ill-prepared for college. Not much opportunity for advance classes here. I felt like I was behind right when I arrived at college. Not a good feeling.
The things that I liked about Thunder Ridge High School were that the faculty is friendly. The school has great facilities and resources that students enjoy using. The students come from different backgrounds and there is a blend of beliefs that aren’t judged harshly.