Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Thousand Islands High School is a public school located in Clayton, NY. It has 298 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C22 Students
- B-20 Students
- B+17 Students
- A-17 Students
- B-17 Students
- A-16 Students
- A16 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+12 Students
- A-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Thousand Islands High School
- CGeneral Brown Junior/Senior High School
- General Brown Central School District, NY
- 42 reviews
- C+Alexandria Central High School
- Alexandria Central School District, NY
- 24 reviews
- C+La Fargeville Central School
- LaFargeville Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 14 reviews
- B-Lyme Central School
- Lyme Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 6 reviews
Thousand Islands High School Reviews
As I progressed through Middle School and High school the administration slowly destroyed the schools' integrity through corruption. Some of the finest teachers around were driven away and replaced with simpletons with an inability to teach. Test scores have declined sharply from the high standard Thousand Islands used to uphold. Overall it was a disappointing experience to see my school fall to shambles with no intervention from the biased Board of Education.
Thousand Islands is a very diverse school. It's filled with so many people with big personalities. With everyone having many opinions it can lead to really helpful and interesting conversations in the classroom. Teacher are amazing and help prepare you for the road ahead.
Thousand islands isn't a big school so certain aspects are to be expected, such as less class selection opportunities. The bad part is bad/ corrupt school administration that cares more for money and keeping face than the students. The teachers themselves are great people that love what they do and do it good though.