Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Thornton Fractional North High School is a public school located in Calumet City, IL. It has 1,312 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 11% in reading.
Thornton Fractional North High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-166 Students
- B+147 Students
- B+136 Students
- A+122 Students
- B116 Students
- B105 Students
- B-101 Students
- A-91 Students
- A-87 Students
- B-78 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 39 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Thornton Fractional North High School
- B-Thornton Fractional South High School
- Thornton Fractional Township High School District No. 215, IL
- 450 reviews
- CGeorge Rogers Clark Middle/High School
- School City of Hammond, IN
- 78 reviews
- C+John F Kennedy High School
- Chicago Public Schools, IL
- 314 reviews
- CThornton Township High School
- Thornton Township High School District No. 205, IL
- 194 reviews
Thornton Fractional North High School Reviews
Thornton Fractional North offers resources and help throughout your four years of attending there. Freshman are primarily kept in the freshman house where most of their classes are and where their lockers are located. It helped me because it was simple for me to get to my classes and you were surrounded by other freshman. The one thing I did not like the most about T.F. North was that it was predominantly Black and Hispanic. I would of liked for it to be more diverse. There are clubs, sports, and resources all students are not brought attention to. There should be more advertisements about all of the clubs, sports, and resources presented there. Overall, T.F. North is a nice quality school that presents a great education, nice staff, and outstanding clubs and sports.
Overall it was a decent experience. When I was a freshman a club was started by a student who already graduated and it has been apart of my life. The club is called North P.R.I.D.; it is an LGBTQ+ and allies club that helps with school and community events. It also helps educate other people about the LGBTQ+ community; we support one another and everyone else. We most off all spread Love. Another thing that is cool is other clubs have been started at the school like the STARS Club that deals with immigration. There has been many studensts who went to states, and made mild stones for the school.
I liked Thornton Fractional North because the teachers were helpful and cared about their students. They were respectful and patient with me. They would also help me when I struggling with assignments. The school has a lot of clubs like history, math and chess club and sports that students can participate. Students should join clubs because it will help them get involved in school and the community. Overall my experience with the school was excellent because the teachers want their students to be successful in college. The only improvement the school can make is to continue to help students with school.