Thornton Academy is a co-educational, private boarding and day school serving grades 6–12. Located on Maine's southern coast, in the city of Saco, we are one of the nation's longest-operating independent schools.
Thornton's commitment to excellence enables students to reach their full potential and flourish in a changing world. We offer a safe and secure family environment where every student can find his or her place. Here, students are free to express their own individual ideas, cultures, and dreams, and all students benefit from our unique campus environment and its global perspective.
Thornton Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+131 Students
- C+109 Students
- B89 Students
- A-58 Students
- C+49 Students
- A+48 Students
- B-46 Students
- B45 Students
- B-42 Students
- A+33 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Thornton Academy Reviews
The rigor of TA's top level classes has certainly forced me to learn how to manage my time wisely, especially while playing sports and participating in clubs. However, with this experience, I feel ready for college and life beyond my high school years.