Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Thorne Bay School is a public school located in Thorne Bay, AK. It has 74 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Thorne Bay School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+9 Students
- B-8 Students
- B8 Students
- NG2 Students
- B1 Student
- B+1 Student
- C-1 Student
- B1 Student
- A-1 Student
- C+1 Student
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Thorne Bay School
Thorne Bay School Reviews
Going to school in Thorne Bay Alaska was exciting. The classes where small enough that a student was able to receive one on one help with school work. No one had to try out for team sports, everyone was able to play. Going from a huge school with up to 30 to 40 students to a small school was the best thing that ever happened to me. My grades improved and I received the help that I needed when I was struggling in classes.
Awesome athletics and coaches are the best!
This school has no bullying, no concerns over personal safety, no special security measures, no police, no safety services, the school nurse is our receptionist, and our health program is a band-aid. Everyone knows everyone, and it's the safest school I've ever attended.