Thornapple Kellogg High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Middleville, MI. It has 917 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Thornapple Kellogg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+96 Students
- C+90 Students
- A+79 Students
- B+73 Students
- B60 Students
- A+48 Students
- B+40 Students
- B-29 Students
- A28 Students
- C+28 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Thornapple Kellogg High School
- A-Caledonia High School
- Caledonia Community Schools, MI
- 249 reviews
- BHopkins High School
- Hopkins Public Schools, MI
- 107 reviews
- A-Byron Center High School
- Byron Center Public Schools, MI
- 263 reviews
- B-Wayland High School
- Wayland Union Schools, MI
- 181 reviews
Thornapple Kellogg High School Reviews
I really value the education that I have received from Thornapple Kellogg High School. Here, I have been given a great opportunity to take advanced placement classes and that will help me jump ahead as a college student. I also think that Thornapple Kellogg has an amazing student body, filled with teenagers that are eager to show their school spirit as sporting events and other school activities. The teachers are helpful and the students are competitive.
I love TK, every encounter with a teacher I’ve ever had has been amazing. They all want to push their students to the next level, will meet at any time, and will always be there. School spirit and sports are very important, and they have a small town, Friday night lights vibe that most students appreciate but not recognize how special it truely is.. compared to other cities around them. Love the atmosphere of Thornapple Kellogg, and some very successful people have came out of the tkhs halls as well.
Throughout my senior year, I truly found that Thornapple Kellogg adopting me into it's life as I went through my entire academic lifetime. My favorite experiences was in my senior year during high school soccer when my team won the conference championship against one of the best teams in the conference. To be the only senior on the team was a true special moment as like showing how the motivation really took a part in our success.