Thornapple Kellogg High School is an above average, public, magnet school located in Middleville, MI. It has 933 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 65% in reading.
Thornapple Kellogg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+104 Students
- C+93 Students
- A+89 Students
- B+82 Students
- B66 Students
- A+61 Students
- B+46 Students
- B-29 Students
- A29 Students
- C+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Thornapple Kellogg High School
- A-Caledonia High School
- Caledonia Community Schools, MI
- 262 reviews
- BHopkins High School
- Hopkins Public Schools, MI
- 111 reviews
- A-Byron Center High School
- Byron Center Public Schools, MI
- 270 reviews
- B-Wayland High School
- Wayland Union Schools, MI
- 185 reviews
Thornapple Kellogg High School Reviews
Thornapple Kellogg High School is an amazing atmosphere to be in as a student or as an adult. Our school pushes for kids to be kind and shows compassion towards one another. Bullying is also something that isn't tolerated and makes our school a better place to be because of that! We embrace kids for who they are and show acceptance to every child. Being a TKHS graduate myself, I can attest to this. This school is the type of school where everyone knows everyone and so does the community. Having the opportunity to go to Thornapple Kellogg Schools definitely helped shape me into the person I am today! What a great school and a great community!
My experience was overall pretty great. I honestly feel fairly prepared for my future endeavors. I like the availability to take AP or online classes through local colleges if the school doesn't offer it. Most of the teachers were readily available if you needed their help. However, it would be nice to know what all is actually offered so that you can gain more experience to better help determine what career you would like to go into. We also need more availability of our counselors. With close to 1000 students and only 2 available adults to run class scheduling, college prep help, and any other need a student has, it's hard to get in and receive the help that you need and deserve.
I really value the education that I have received from Thornapple Kellogg High School. Here, I have been given a great opportunity to take advanced placement classes and that will help me jump ahead as a college student. I also think that Thornapple Kellogg has an amazing student body, filled with teenagers that are eager to show their school spirit as sporting events and other school activities. The teachers are helpful and the students are competitive.