Thomson High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+137 Students
- B103 Students
- B+99 Students
- B+73 Students
- B+71 Students
- B-70 Students
- B-50 Students
- B-41 Students
- C41 Students
- A-40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 44 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Thomson High School Reviews
Review Thomson High School
Academically Thomson High School was average in my eyes. However, Their availability of AP course is slim to none compared to other high schools. Also, the amount of disciplinary issues at the high school is out of control and was causing students to feel threatened at all times, and not only students were affected by it. Faculty members had no control over the students due to the fact that when they removed certain troublemakers from their classrooms, the office brought the students directly back. In the students point of view, this meant they could do whatever they wanted and get away with it, and so they did. If diciplinary issues were dealt with and more AP classes were made available, The high school will prosper.
I deffinetly would not choose this school to attend because discipline involving students and teachers is very poor. The administration does not follow through with anything they say they will and students think they can get away with anything because they can. Many teachers had given up on meeting standards because they simply did not care anymore or they were put in that place without the correct education. One thing that I will always remember about this school are the Friday nights in he brickyard! We have a great sports program at Thomson High school!
Thomson High School is a school designed for academic excellence and success. I can say that almost 3 of my 4 years at this school were very satisfactory. However, the school has become very dictating as we received a new principal. I understand that sometimes drastic measures must be taken to ensure academic excellence. However, these new rules are causing the innocent students to suffer with everyone else. We are being rewarded more for good behavior than we have ever been. Winning biscuits for being on time, ice cream for good behavior and raffle tickets for big prizes. This perhaps is the way that the administration is awarding the good students.