Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Thomas W. Kelly High School is a public school located in Benton, MO. It has 299 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Thomas W. Kelly High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-76 Students
- B24 Students
- B14 Students
- B+14 Students
- A-13 Students
- A-12 Students
- C12 Students
- B9 Students
- A8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 6 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Thomas W. Kelly High School
- B-Egyptian Senior High School
- Egyptian Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 23 reviews
- BOran High School
- Oran R-III School District, MO
- 35 reviews
- BSikeston Senior High School
- Sikeston R-VI School District, MO
- 111 reviews
- C+Scott City High School
- Scott City R-I School District, MO
- 17 reviews
Thomas W. Kelly High School Reviews
I have attended Thomas W. Kelly my entire life and truly believe that it was the best decision my parents could have made when enrolling me as a young child. However, I have encountered problems within the school system regarding the school boards integrity and ability to make reasonable decisions as a whole. I have also dealt with dress code issues that should have never happened. Regardless of these issues, I do not regret attending Thomas. W Kelly and look forward to graduating in the spring!
Thomas W. Kelly is not a huge high school, but it is a very loving high school. Sure you have your teachers that no students like but as long as you respect most of them they respect you back. Almost all the teachers I had while attending the school always cared about me. They always helped me even when it had nothing to do with school. As well with the students, they weren't always the nicest but everyone usually had each others backs. It wasn't always the cleanest but the janitors always worked hard to get it the best they could before someone ruined their work. The janitors also cared for the students.
Thomas W. Kelly High School has always been a second home. The teachers truly care about the students learning and mental health. It's not abnormal for the students to confide in the adults there. The extracurricular activities are amazing there as well. I would not be the person I am today if I hadn't gain the life experience through the clubs and sports. Although, I wish that there were more sports to choose from, like volleyball and golf, the school makes up for the lack of sports by the spirit the show for all the other ones. Overall, I truly cherish all the memories that I have made from Thomas W. Kelly.