Thomas R. Proctor High School is an above average, public school located in Utica, NY. It has 2,740 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Thomas R. Proctor High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-252 Students
- C+214 Students
- A136 Students
- B90 Students
- B+74 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+70 Students
- A-69 Students
- B66 Students
- A+59 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Thomas R. Proctor High School
- BRome Free Academy
- Rome City School District, NY
- 179 reviews
- B-Oriskany Junior/Senior High School
- Oriskany Central School District, NY
- 20 reviews
- C+Poland Junior/Senior High School
- Poland Central School District, NY
- 34 reviews
- B-Waterville Junior/Senior High School
- Waterville Central School District, NY
- 26 reviews
Thomas R. Proctor High School Reviews
Thomas R. Proctor high school although not in any way a prestigious school, deserves to be recognized for various reasons. As an inner city school containing about 2,500 students grades 9-12, the students as well as faculty make it an unforgettable high school experience. It offers many opportunities through its extracurriculars and programs to push students towards their goals after high school. The diversity of the school gives it character and also allows for students to easily find friends or something they enjoy doing. From NJROTC to STEM classes through MVCC, there is something for everyone. However, the number of student to faculty ratio can hinder the classroom’s environment and the school’s overall administration. There is a lack of funding compared to other schools but they make the absolute best with what is provided.
Although other people around the Utica area have horrible thoughts and opinions of this high school, it really wasn't anything like it's described. Sure fights do happen and other similar situations but in what high school is there not? Besides I've been going to this school for about three years and still haven't reach a complications with my fellow alumni. Regarding the education offered at this school it probably the best in the whole county. There's ton of diversity when it comes to pick a course. Furthermore when it comes to after school clubs they have you covered. From a robotics club to a chess club and even a croquet clubs they nearly have it all. I personally feel very satisfied that I decided to attend to this school. In end it all comes down to the type of school your looking but if your interested in a very diverse and competitive school Thomas R. Proctor High School should be a first pick.
The school is very diverse, many clubs to join, they also have a program call JROTC which helped students with military and leadership skills. Proctor is has been of the largest high school, full of about over 7,000 people, if you were to attend Proctor high school you would not be left out. There is a variety of sport, they have soccer, golf, football, lacrosse, volleyball and much more. Students could even get attend in school, Proctor offers many Mvcc duel classes which get students ahead in college. Proctor offers many opportunities for students such as scholarship, tutor help and much more.