Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Thomas R. Proctor High School is an above average, public school located in Utica, NY. It has 2,725 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Thomas R. Proctor High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus292 Students
- grade C+266 Students
- grade A170 Students
- grade B112 Students
- grade A+100 Students
- grade A minus99 Students
- grade B+90 Students
- grade B+86 Students
- grade A+84 Students
- grade A+77 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 27 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 126 responses
- Prep Rally18%
- Spirit Week18%
- International Night10%
- Many of the different events at school6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 36 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,213 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 45 responses
Schools like Thomas R. Proctor High School
- grade BRome Free Academy
- Rome City School District, NY
- Rating 3.5 out of 5 189 reviews
- grade BOriskany Junior/Senior High School
- Oriskany Central School District, NY
- Rating 4.29 out of 5 21 reviews
- grade C+Poland Junior/Senior High School
- Poland Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade B minusWaterville Junior/Senior High School
- Waterville Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 26 reviews
Thomas R. Proctor High School Reviews
Rating 3.77 out of 5 240 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Thomas R. Proctor High School is one of the most racially and economically diverse schools in the Oneida County area when compared to other schools in the county. Not only does Proctor have 50+ languages spoken in the hallways, there are individuals there from different backgrounds, cultures, places, e.t.c. Every person at proctor is unique and different, which the school acknowledges. From all types of clubs, sports, and organizations to AP classes, honors, and dual credit classes, Proctor tries to accommodate all students within the school, giving opportunities to students that would not be found in other schools located in the area.
It may be looked down upon by those who live in surrounding areas but overall does the job it is supposed to do well. The school has a variety of science AP classes to choose from(AP Chem, AP Bio, & AP Physics 1 & 2). The school offers many opportunities to students in the form of summer employment opportunities, internships, and dual-credit courses. With its close proximity to MVCC it also gives students the opportunity to bridge over their senior year. Overall, if your child is interested in bettering themselves academically, Proctor will provide all the opportunities they need to prosper.
Although Thomas R. Proctor isn't a highly competitive school, it still deserves praise for being a great school given that it is also low income. Even after the lack of funding, Proctor still makes the absolute best of what they have. There are about more than 2,500 students in the school including all grade levels from 9th-12th. Given the number of students, each student is still given the same opportunities and care. They provide many opportunities that are open to every student such as, different clubs, activities, and sports. The teachers there are also very compassionate about the students and help them achieve more.