Thomas MacLaren School is a top rated, public, charter school located in Colorado Springs, CO. It has 449 students in grades 6-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Thomas MacLaren School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B26 Students
- A-23 Students
- A-17 Students
- A+13 Students
- A-13 Students
- B-11 Students
- C+8 Students
- A+8 Students
- B6 Students
- A6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Thomas MacLaren School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Thomas MacLaren School
- BColorado Springs Early Colleges
- Public School
- Colorado Springs, CO
- 166 reviews
- B+James Irwin Charter High School
- Harrison School District No. 2, CO
- 198 reviews
- AThe Classical Academy College Pathways
- Academy School District No. 20, CO
- 144 reviews
- A+The Vanguard School Senior High
- Cheyenne Mountain School District No. 12, CO
- 102 reviews
Thomas MacLaren School Reviews
Overall, I give Maclaren a five! They are focused on providing an excellent education for all of its students and creating a community of learners. Through my education here, I have become more comfortable sharing my opinions with classmates and have felt a deeper desire to learn about the world. In high school, the seminars have allowed the class to dive into in-depth discussions together and to take ideas from others to formulate my own beliefs. Maclaren has helped develop my boldness as a person and my passion for learning.
Thomas Maclaren School provides a unique and holistic approach to education, stressing the importance of music, art, and a strong community.
I loved my experience at Thomas Maclaren School. They helped me grow as both a student and as a person. I can honestly say I wouldn't be who I am today without my experience at Thomas Maclaren School. The teachers are some of the most incredible people and instructors I've ever had in my life. It wasn't just one great teacher either- all of my teachers were passionate, caring, and knowledgeable.