Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Thomas High School is a highly rated, public school located in Webster, NY. It has 1,321 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 98% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Thomas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-96 Students
- A-93 Students
- B+79 Students
- A-69 Students
- B-68 Students
- A+65 Students
- B59 Students
- A+51 Students
- B50 Students
- B+49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 37 responses
- Spirit week22%
- Pep Rally14%
- Hockey Games11%
- Senior breakfast11%
- Musical events8%
- Senior Night8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Thomas High School
- AWebster-Schroeder High School
- Webster Central School District, NY
- 227 reviews
- A+Victor Senior High School
- Victor Central School District, NY
- 247 reviews
- A+Fairport Senior High School
- Fairport Central School District, NY
- 320 reviews
- AHilton High School
- Hilton Central School District, NY
- 210 reviews
Thomas High School Reviews
I liked the opportunities given to me at Thomas High School. There are many different clubs, activities, and sports available to all students. The teachers are also very supportive and helpful, always willing to give their students the best education possible. Many teachers I would even go to for personal problems if needed. One thing I would say to improve is the student parking situation. There are very limited spots for students and I believe they should be able to allow more spaces. Another thing I love about Thomas is the school spirit. Spirit week is something every student and faculty look forward to at the beginning out the year. Overall I enjoy going to Thomas High School.
The quality of education that I've received in 3 1/2 years has been above average, meaning that I do have a lot of knowledge about the subjects that have been taught to me. But, most of the teaching styles don't reflect or compare to the way you would be taught in a college environment. I believe that most teachers -with very few exceptions- genuinely want to see their students succeed and try to teach to their student's strengths. The only part most leave out is the college readiness. In terms of diversity, Thomas doesn't have much of it, but you will find this in most white suburbs. The amount of clubs, activities, and sports available to the students is massive and there's at least one club for everyone that looks for it. Security there is a main concern in light of the school shootings that have been happening in recent years and for the most part, the security workers here are pretty efficient. Overall Thomas High School is a great place to get the normal high school experience.
There are some highlights at this school, but for the most part school life here is pretty bad. The teachers, with some exceptions, do not care about what they are teaching you or care about how you are doing in school. For example, there is a certain 9th grade Global teacher who would never teach with any kind of energy, and sometimes we would just sit in class and do absolutely nothing. The music program is also pretty sub-par, with the main chorus teacher not caring about certain music groups. The middle school had a much better music program. Lunch can be okay, and the lunch ladies and janitors are extremely nice people. But as far as academics go and the music department goes, if you aren’t stellar in what you are doing you will be forgotten. Also, administration is terrible. Weird policies and no sense of them caring.