Thomas High School is a highly rated, public school located in Webster, NY. It has 1,298 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 98% in reading.
Thomas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-76 Students
- A-72 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+54 Students
- A-53 Students
- B-51 Students
- B48 Students
- B45 Students
- A+41 Students
- B+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Thomas High School
- AWebster-Schroeder High School
- Webster Central School District, NY
- 214 reviews
- AVictor Senior High School
- Victor Central School District, NY
- 224 reviews
- A+Fairport Senior High School
- Fairport Central School District, NY
- 299 reviews
- AHilton High School
- Hilton Central School District, NY
- 187 reviews
Thomas High School Reviews
There are some highlights at this school, but for the most part school life here is pretty bad. The teachers, with some exceptions, do not care about what they are teaching you or care about how you are doing in school. For example, there is a certain 9th grade Global teacher who would never teach with any kind of energy, and sometimes we would just sit in class and do absolutely nothing. The music program is also pretty sub-par, with the main chorus teacher not caring about certain music groups. The middle school had a much better music program. Lunch can be okay, and the lunch ladies and janitors are extremely nice people. But as far as academics go and the music department goes, if you aren’t stellar in what you are doing you will be forgotten. Also, administration is terrible. Weird policies and no sense of them caring.
Overall, Thomas High School provided me with a fairly good four-year experience. There are only a few things I would mark as unpleasant or stressful factors. One of these would be the multitude of the teachers were somewhat hard to get along with or deal with, but that's how it is everywhere. Also, with the recent spike in school shootings and other dangers, the feeling of safety in Thomas has definitely been compromised. I can say with certainty that most students do not feel completely safe in school and would not be surprised if a shooting or other harmful event were to take place. I do wish the school environment was a little more friendly and felt a little safer, but other than that Thomas was a good high school and provided me with a mostly satisfactory education.
I had a good experience here, but there has always been room for improvement. College readiness, even in AP classes, was average at best. The food as I recall was either fried or healthy but gross. Students need good, healthy food to learn best and the school was still lacking in that. There was an initiative to bring SmartBoards to every classroom a few years back, but the budget committee didn't seem to take into account the opinions of the teachers, since most of them hated those boards and they were quite difficult to use properly. Overall, I'd say it's a pretty great school but could use some improvements that would improve the school budget, rather than deplete it.