Thomas County Central High School is a public school located in Thomasville, GA. It has 1,485 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Thomas County Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+143 Students
- B+119 Students
- A+109 Students
- B78 Students
- A+54 Students
- B+54 Students
- C+44 Students
- B44 Students
- A42 Students
- B-36 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Thomas County Central High School Reviews
I love Thomas county central high school it’s a great school for any student! The clubs and academics are excellent. The sports are awesome , they treat you like family.
I have enjoyed my years spent at Thomas County Central. It’s a beautiful, clean, modern facility full of teachers and staff that truly care about the students. We have technology labs that teach mechanics, nursing, home economics, television production and many more hands on experiences. The only thing I may suggest changing is the class sizes. It would be nice to have a smaller student to teacher ratio. I personally think that helps improve learning.
Thomas County Central High School has a wide variety of academic choices for students from AP psychology to agriculture classes. Tutoring is available certain days after school; however, students with after school jobs or who are involved with sports are not always available to attend. Online tutoring or study hall classes would be a great addition to help students excel without having to stay after school to catch up.