Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Theodore High School is a public school located in Theodore, AL. It has 1,453 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Theodore High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B290 Students
- A144 Students
- B104 Students
- A-103 Students
- B+102 Students
- A96 Students
- B90 Students
- B-86 Students
- B+78 Students
- C-58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Theodore High School Reviews
I enjoy interacting with the school staff, and most of the students. I really like how my school has a lot of diversity! I have noticed that I have had a lot of opportunities here that I never had before. The only downside is the amount of funding CPS schools have, but on the other hand Roosevelt has opened up a lot of doors for me that I didn't even knew existed. If you meet the right people you will be on the right track, and be better prepared for the future that is ahead of you. I would recommend this school for anyone who is willing to try new things and meet a lot of new people.
Theodore is a calm environment, and all the teachers get their stuff done while interacting with the students. Also, the principal is the best!
There should be more focus on education opposed to little flaws around the school. Plenty of times teachers and administration will be focused upon things such as uniform, hair, and tardiness, and more instead of helping students prepare for tests and become ready for their future.