COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Woodward School students are in-class learning following CDC Safety measures. Our Summer Institute program will also be held in school under CDC Guidelines.
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Sportsgrade B+
The Woodward School has been the best place for girls to learn and lead since 1894.
Our mission is to honor and cultivate each student’s academic and personal potential. We expect our students to make a lifelong commitment to using their gifts and talents for the benefit of others. Our low student teacher ratio enables us to prepare each girl uniquely well for college and for life.
Woodward is the best place for girls to learn and grow so that they may lead, since 1894!
The Woodward School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+19 Students
- grade A16 Students
- grade A14 Students
- grade A+14 Students
- grade B14 Students
- grade A+13 Students
- grade A+13 Students
- grade A+11 Students
- grade A minus10 Students
- grade B10 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 12 responses
- The fall/spring plays and musicals!18%
- Annual Blue Hills Retreat16%
- Founders' Night16%
- Classics Day11%
- Father Daughter Dance & Mother Daughter Brunch11%
- The Father/Daughter Dance & Mother Daughter Brunch8%
- Wednesday morning all-school meetings8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 17 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C
The Woodward School Reviews
The middle school academics are designed to build toward high school and eventually college, building study skills and technical abilities as well as knowledge. I also appreciate the cooperative curriculum between many of the teachers. History, Science, English and Art all cross collaborate by covering similar subjects from their different perspectives.