The Winchendon School is a highly rated, private, boarding school located in Winchendon, MA. It has 250 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 5 to 1. Tuition is $60,000 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
The Winchendon School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A15 Students
- A+12 Students
- A+10 Students
- A+8 Students
- B7 Students
- A+6 Students
- A-6 Students
- A5 Students
- A-5 Students
- A+5 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
The Winchendon School Reviews
Our children were given more opportunities and were taught how to learn in a smarter way, thereby opening up more college possibilities. They would not be in their highly selective colleges now if they hadn't gone to The Winchendon School. The college counseling was outstanding and our sons received significant merit scholarships we think are a direct reflection of the quality education they received at Winchendon. Both our kids were 4year seniors who played a sport, joined clubs, and still speak of the community at Winchendon.
The Winchendon School will always have a place in my heart and play a role in the adult I have become today. It helped me realize my potential and my capabilities in so many ways. I met some of my best friends and some of the most interesting and diverse people during my time at the winch. Your experience at this school will not always be the easiest or struggle free but it will be authentic and you will learn how to overcome, how to thrive in college and how to be a well rounded adult. You will love your high school experience and be a proud alumni after graduation.
The individualized learning style at the Winchendon School helped me open up more as a student. I wasn't scared to speak up, which helped me become more confident. I also became a three sport athlete when, before, I had not played any sports in school. The diverse population broadened my mind to many cultures, and I got to make friends from countries all over the world. The strict business-like dress code prepared me for the professional world, and I really treasure the time that I had there.