COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
On August 31, Lower School students returned to campus learning in a five day each week model in grade level and class cohorts, and Middle and Upper School students returned in a hybrid model, rotating ½ of the students on campus and ½ in concurrent learning at home. Check out the 10 strategies and commitments that have allowed Waterford School to safely deliver on its mission. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A+
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A+
Student learning is Waterford School’s reason for being. Since its founding, the School has instilled habits of independent thought, critical thinking, responsibility, passionate learning, and service to others. Waterford School’s program provides a strong foundation distinguished by a rich curriculum, an outstanding faculty, and a deep commitment to student growth. The learning environment is caring, nurturing, and inspiring, and the campus culture prepares students to pursue lives of meaning and purpose. Waterford delivers a world-class liberal arts education that stimulates intellect, ignites passion, and shapes character.
The Waterford School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A71 Students
- grade A+36 Students
- grade A+32 Students
- grade A+28 Students
- grade A+28 Students
- grade A+28 Students
- grade A27 Students
- grade A+25 Students
- grade A+20 Students
- grade A+19 Students
Explore the Early Childhood Program
Waterford’s Early Childhood Program is child-centered, developmentally responsive, and incorporates an emergent curriculum through which child-led questions shape ideas and learning. Our rich preschool curriculum ignites a passion for the arts through engagement in music, visual art, movement, and dance. Students become young mathematicians, readers, musicians, artists, dancers, and scientists.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
- School Dances18%
- Spirit Week16%
- Tail-Gate parties14%
- Friday Night Live13%
- Arts Week10%
- Spirit Week4%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 21 responses
- Offers Full WeekYes
- Offers Part WeekYes
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayYes
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 23 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 18 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B+
The Waterford School Reviews
The campus is like nothing I have ever seen. Not only is it like a college's, it is BEAUTIFUL! Waterford offers amazing activities too. They have soccer, basketball, and volleyball, cross country, and my personal favorite, they have something called outdoor. Being so close to big and little cottonwood canyon, you can rock climb, ski, snow shoe, sled, hike and more. Waterford offers so many varieties of sports and activities for students to participate in.
Also, Waterford has an amazing academic program. Students have not only their core subjects, but they can take musical classes like chorus or for an instrument. They also offer a variety of arts like clay, photo and drawing.
Here at Waterford, the teachers and students care. Teachers care for students safety and success. Students care to do well in classes.
Overall, Waterford has much to offer to the student and their parent