The Walker School is metro Atlanta's college-preparatory independent school for students in Pre-K through 12th grade seeking an engaging educational experience within an intimately scaled, caring and diverse community where opportunities abound and meaningful relationships inspire transformative learning.
Wonder guides the educational experience at Walker. It is in our DNA. We kindle students' innate curiosity and channel it into challenging curricula, engaging interpersonal relationships, demanding athletics, and stimulating extracurricular activities. Our goal is to help each child chart a path of self-realization, to discover who they are, and to become their best possible self.
Equipped with a clarity of purpose, strong sense of self, and the confidence and skills to navigate a 21st century world, Walker students make their own path, leading in all manner of endeavor and following only where wonder leads.
The Walker School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+85 Students
- A+39 Students
- A33 Students
- A+25 Students
- A24 Students
- A22 Students
- A+20 Students
- B20 Students
- A20 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
The Walker School Reviews
While we loved our neighborhood public schools, but both my children as they were closer to approaching middle school felt they weren’t being “heard” and were losing their love of learning. A neighbor had been telling us for years to check Walker out. When my daughter did her shadow day she was sold! The lunch offerings didn’t hurt either!
Walker not only offers a top tier academic environment for children to thrive across all divisions, but they are the embodiment of a true family atmosphere. The administrators and staff work closely to ensure that each child’s unique offerings have a place at Walker.
Decide what is most important to your family & look for leaders that try hard. For us, that’s Walker. Great teachers, happy students. Better communication than we've seen anywhere else. A commitment to living their mission. An approachable group of leaders. Facilities that are expanding & improving.
Are you going to have stupid teenagers doing stupid things? Will mistakes be made? Are there things that need to improve? Do teachers have bad days? Yes. There is no perfect place. But this place tries harder than any other school we've been a part of. Definitely worth looking at for your family.