COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
In a time when connection and community matter more than ever, Walker is here. Our 2020-21 plan outlines color-coded scenarios that influence our teaching and learning models and risk mitigation strategies we are taking to protect our community. Walker’s intimate size and thoughtful planning ensure our ability to remain agile and to deliver the best educational experience during this unique time. Learn More
At The Walker School, the infinite worth and dignity of each student defines our approach to learning. Walker is the top non-faith based PK3-12 school in metro Atlanta. Our commitment to diversity provides a safe atmosphere for students to discover who they are and how to successfully navigate an ever-changing world.
Wonder guides the educational experience at Walker. It is in our DNA. We kindle students' innate curiosity and channel it into challenging curricula, engaging interpersonal relationships, demanding athletics, and stimulating extracurricular activities. Our goal is to help each child chart a path of self-realization, to discover who they are, and to become their best possible self.
Equipped with a clarity of purpose, strong sense of self, and the confidence and skills to navigate a 21st century world, Walker students make their own path, leading in all manner of endeavor and following only where wonder leads.
The Walker School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+104 Students
- A+51 Students
- A46 Students
- A35 Students
- A+34 Students
- B31 Students
- A28 Students
- A+28 Students
- B28 Students
- A+24 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
The Walker School Reviews
While we loved our neighborhood public schools, but both my children as they were closer to approaching middle school felt they weren’t being “heard” and were losing their love of learning. A neighbor had been telling us for years to check Walker out. When my daughter did her shadow day she was sold! The lunch offerings didn’t hurt either!
Walker not only offers a top tier academic environment for children to thrive across all divisions, but they are the embodiment of a true family atmosphere. The administrators and staff work closely to ensure that each child’s unique offerings have a place at Walker.