The Village School Reviews

Love the arts and music. Great school. Teachers are really passionate about guiding their students! We are so happy we found this school in Houston. The student body is diverse and the administration is very helpful and creative about the way they structure their academics and activities.

Love the arts and music. Great school. Teachers are really passionate about guiding their students! We are so happy Thank
Great education and resources for all interests, the teachers are very caring and approachable. Overall a happy environment with very good safety for the students. Very pretty campus and athletic centers though the arts could be better funded.
We've had 2 of our 4 children at Village. The last 2 years have been awful. The new Head is invisible and parents and teachers are really unhappy. The environment has deteriorated so much that many teachers have left on their own and many have been laid off during the pandemic. The enrollment has dropped by almost 50%, largely as a function of how poorly the new administration operates. This was a fine school at one time, it is a sad shadow of what it once was.
Start Your Review of The Village School
The Village School is a wonderful institution that really treasures and teaches students how to become better leaders and individuals. This is accomplished through teaching students strong communication skills, respect for differing opinions, good manners and creativity to overcome any obstacle given.
Ever since Nord Anglia purchased village it has been less about students and more about money. Ever since the pandemic a ton of teachers were asked to leave and some even decided to leave on their own as the school was not giving them any benefits.
The school is for profit! With this Covid-19, the communication has been awful. They expect parents to make a decision based on a brief YouTube call and did not answer various questions submitted. No follow up either! And require parents to make decision the next day. And by the way no notice for the meeting, as the invite is sent out the day before. Some of their teachers can't grasp the technology of Zoom to teach online in the spring semester. They totally do not have their act together.
The Village School has been an amazing learning environment for me since the moment I stepped foot on campus. My teachers have always been very helpful with helping me pursue my passions, and further my education. The students that attend here are all very diverse as well as globally minded.
The Village school is a great and diverse community. I would like to see more attention given to the Non STEM aspect of things, particularly to the arts.
I've generally found the academic environment of this school to be healthily rigorous and have enjoyed the company of the friends I've made here.
The Village Schools has been my home for 10 years, it is full of diversity and academic achievement.
The village school is very welcoming and it has a nurturing environment. the accommodations the school has set up for me have greatly helped me succeed.
I loved the environment at Village and the experience it gave me. I grew so much as a person making great memories and learning as an individual.
I’ve send my daughters to several international schools all over the world, and by far this is one of the bests. The teachers are awesome and give the children a lot of support and confidence. All the staff at school is very helpful too. I would recommend this school to everyone looking for high standard education for their kids
I would like to see more involvement with the students, most of the kids live independent lives always focused on their studying and grades when barely any of the grades interact with each other.
The administration has mixed up priorities. students complaints aren't addressed. The school focuses on issues that aren't as important as the others. People report harassment and the school turns them away saying they don't have enough evidence. Students aren't allowed to buy food from the campus store in case they missed breakfast. Money plays a huge role in how your child gets treated in this school. There is a lot of diversity in this school and yet claims of discrimination aren't taking seriously.
Some teachers are very good and will teach you what you need to know and well, while others not so much. The issue is not with the staff for the most part, but with admin, who seem like they are going through many changes that do not look positive towards the schools future
This school was a complete waste of time. The organisation and scheduling of this school is horrible. During my senior year alone, the schedule for high school classes changed 3 times. The teachers of this institution have poor control of students and rarely actually teach.The administration is terrible and seemingly incapable of following there own rules. There is a high turn over rate of teachers, that two weeks into the school year the IB Bio teacher quit, leaving the class with a new teacher(the 3rd of a two year program) who was fired by march. There is no standard of education upheld here and with the high turnover of teachers, its no wonder that nothing is consistently taught. The food is terrible. There were many days that students would end up missing afternoon classes due to food poisoning. If your looking for quality education, this is not the place for you. This is not worth the cost of attendance for this school, HISD public schools would be an upgrade from this place.
Start Your Review of The Village School
The village school looks good in theory and on paper, when you see it fro the exterior it looks great too and the cafeteria food is above local public school average but, the admin is really bad where there is favoritism for certain cliques and groups and a lot of the kids get away with worse stuff than those who didn't do something wrong. 3/10 wouldn't recommend.
The school itself is great with a lot of resources, including many IB classes offered for students. However, some of the teachers are not trained to teach IB - some don't even know what IB is.
There has been a huge amount of Chinese students coming to the school, but the dormitory seems to not be good. There are 8 students per room and only 3 washers and dryers. The dormparents are rude and low-key racist, they make jokes that we don't actually like.
The food is getting better through the years, and they do have some really good food in the school store and cafeteria. However the food costs a lot.
My 9th grader started at Village this year and found everyone to be kind--students, teachers, admin. The classes are small (20 students or fewer) and teachers have a good rapport with students. Parent/teacher conferences, for example, include the student as well at least in high school. The school is incredibly diverse--I don't think you will find another private school in Houston as rich in diversity. The student body is from all over the globe which makes the environment very special. The STEM classes are pretty strong. I especially like the computer science curriculum and teacher. The academics in all subjects are rigorous without being crazy stressful like some other private schools which seem to be academic pressure cookers. Village is located in the western part of Houston, and so you will have to drive a bit if you live closer to the center of town. There are buses, however, that service many areas so you can use them and avoid much of the driving.