The Village School, founded in 1966, has a tradition of rigorous and highly personalized learning paired with hands-on innovative methods of teaching. Located in the Energy Corridor of Houston, Village offers an American educational experience to its diverse and international student body who represent six continents and more than 60 countries. The Village School is known for its excellence in math and science and has a collaboration with The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and The Juilliard School of Music, which enhances its widely recognized STEAM curriculum. The Village School is a proud member of the Nord Anglia Education’s network of schools.
The Village School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+94 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+54 Students
- A-51 Students
- A28 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+21 Students
- A+21 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
The Village School Reviews
Village's academics is very strong, and many of the students are taking IB classes, or are in the IB Diploma Program. However, teachers assign a lot of work to students, and lack of overall coordination between the teachers can sometimes cause a high amount of testing in one week that can create a lot of stress. However, the performance of students in the IB Exams shows their preparedness.