- Private, Catholic, Montessori
- CINCINNATI, OH
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Sportsgrade A
Find your fit at The Summit! We are a Catholic, independent, coed, college prep school serving students from 18 months to Grade 12. Niche has rated Summit the #1 Catholic High School in Ohio for the past FIVE years (2019-23).
Our rigorous program develops intellectual and cultural competence using instructional best practices that emphasize creative problem solving, global awareness, and ethics. Recent graduates now attend top colleges and universities such as Princeton, Stanford and the US Naval Academy.
Summit's specialists in literacy, math, science, and social-emotional wellness support highly trained classroom teachers. With small class sizes and a culture of extraordinary care, each child is known, their God-given talents are valued, and meaningful relationships develop naturally. Summit's Leaders of Character program is infused in all we do.
We offer athletics from K-12 with a no-cut policy that ensures all can benefit from participation in sports.
The Summit Country Day School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus104 Students
- grade A+95 Students
- grade B+71 Students
- grade A56 Students
- grade B minus56 Students
- grade A minus42 Students
- grade A+40 Students
- grade A minus36 Students
- grade A+32 Students
- grade A30 Students
Educating Leaders of Character
Tailored for children of all ages, Summit's Leaders of Character program is a comprehensive and scaffolded effort to focus on three actions (“domains”) that contribute to personal development: Serves God, Builds Community and Grows Self. The Leaders of Character framework was introduced in 2021 and is embedded throughout the school where character attributes are taught, modeled and practiced.
Culture & Safety
- Fall Festival, Homecoming, Lessons & Carols20%
- Sports games different cheers16%
- Spirit Week12%
- Mass in Chapel10%
- Admissions Events8%
- Offers Full WeekYes
- Offers Part WeekYes
- Offers Full DayYes
- Offers Part DayYes
Clubs & Activities
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B+
The Summit Country Day School Reviews
My negatives for the Summit are:
- Academic quality was overrated
- The school allowed an extremely toxic student body to develop
- Students are extremely restricted on social activities (winter formal dance was stopped because "too many people were dancing", student body had to sign an apology card to a football opponent because we chanted "SCD! SCD!" while in a huge lead)
- No-cut policy allows non-athletically inclined students to participate
- Admin is very open to new clubs and ideas