COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Please visit our website for updates. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
The Summit is a Catholic independent, coeducational college prep school serving 1,000 students preschool – grade 12 from 24 countries and 75 zip codes. A rigorous curriculum develops intellectual and cultural competence. Specialists in literacy, math, science and social-emotional wellness support highly trained teachers. Student-faculty ratio: 9-1. Instructional best practices emphasize creative problem solving, character-based leadership, global awareness and ethics. In a culture of extraordinary care, each child is known, their God-given talents are valued and relationships flourish.
The Summit Country Day School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-93 Students
- A+67 Students
- A-61 Students
- B+51 Students
- A44 Students
- A+38 Students
- A-32 Students
- A29 Students
- A+27 Students
- A-25 Students
Why Summit students do so well on AP exams
The news that our students received an astounding 90 awards from the College Board for their performance on Advanced Placement (AP) tests this year prompted us to take a deeper look into the reasons for this success.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
The Summit Country Day School Reviews
He will soon complete his first year (final from the Lower School). He has a team of teachers and teaching specialists (reading and math) who genuinely care for him and his success.
He's made amazing friends who have fantastic parents. He's engaged in sports, boy scouts, and even...HOMEWORK! The Summit encourages parents to be involved through participation in coaching, and curriculum activities.
The culture at the school is warm - I love seeing the little kids wave at the upper school kids and those high-schoolers wave back! At all ages, students have an etiquette about them that is admirable and upstanding. Whenever we're around town, people compliment my child's considerate manner. When they ask me which school he goes to - they are never surprised that it's Summit.
The no cut sports policy is wonderful- not only do you get to participate, But the quality of the coaches is outstanding. Summit also offers a variety of clubs and extracurricular activities - truly something for everyone.