- Private, Boarding, Christian (General)
- STONY BROOK, NY
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
Founded in 1922 with the motto "Character Before Career," The Stony Brook School seeks to educate students in the matters of the mind, body and heart and to challenge students to become leaders with integrity and virtue. Distinguished for its academics and set apart by its mission, the school is widely known for its passion for character education. Located on the beautiful north shore of Long Island, the 55-acre campus is home to students from 26 countries and all over the United States—emerging as one of the most diverse private schools in the nation.
The Stony Brook School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+88 Students
- grade A+71 Students
- grade A+66 Students
- grade A+54 Students
- grade A+48 Students
- grade A+42 Students
- grade A42 Students
- grade A+42 Students
- grade A minus40 Students
- grade A+39 Students
Learning At The Brook
Our curriculum asks big questions and expects students to work through them at their own pace. We look for our students to develop their own answers because those answers will construct how they live their lives. SBS graduates often tell us how grateful they are that we did not tell them what to think, but rather taught them how to think while giving them the space to do so.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 19 responses
- Class Challenges24%
- International Festival18%
- Open Dorm.15%
- Spirit Week13%
- Jeans Day8%
- The Prom.6%
- Spirit Week4%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 18 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
The Stony Brook School Reviews
I am finishing my first Political Science degree this year at Fordham University, and this is only my second year since graduating from Stony Brook. There can be no better preparatory experience than what I received, the AP's offered were helpful in my accelerated learning, but more importantly, the professional aspect of learning guarantees students a successful future college experience.
I could not recommend this school more to anyone who is interested in having a positive high school experience and even more so if you want to be doubly prepared for college.