Founded in 1922 with the motto "Character Before Career," The Stony Brook School seeks to educate students in the matters of the mind, body and heart and to challenge students to become leaders with integrity and virtue. Distinguished for its academics and set apart by its mission, the school is widely known for its passion for character education. Located on the beautiful north shore of Long Island, the 55-acre campus is home to students from 18 countries and all over the United States—emerging as one of the most diverse private schools in the nation.
The Stony Brook School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+51 Students
- A+44 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+34 Students
- A+33 Students
- A30 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
The Stony Brook School Reviews
This is a school with diversity, vigor, and rigor. Stony Brook really cares about how students perform academically. SBS offers several kinds of AP courses, and some of them are compulsory, which is really good for students' college applications.
Every year SBS students get into good colleges and SBS has college counselors who are ready for help. The teachers here dedicate to their works, helping students become better individuals.
Students here come from different countries like China, Korea, Nigeria, Japan, Israel, South Africa, and India, etc.
Christianity is also an essential part of SBS community life. We pray, and every night we have dorm prayers.
Facilities are fantastic since the school just bought new stuff for classrooms and dorms.