Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade A+
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
The Science Leadership Academy at Beeber is an above average, public, magnet school located in Philadelphia, PA. It has 541 students in grades 5-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 27 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
The Science Leadership Academy at Beeber Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus157 Students
- grade A minus123 Students
- grade A+76 Students
- grade A55 Students
- grade A+51 Students
- grade B49 Students
- grade B minus49 Students
- grade A minus45 Students
- grade B+38 Students
- grade B37 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade C minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responses
- Spirit Week44%
- Pep rallies11%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$27,483 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
The Science Leadership Academy at Beeber Reviews
Rating 4.57 out of 5 35 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Extraordinary school! Welcoming people group, causes everybody to feel at home. Educators and staff make the learning condition alright for everybody to learn.Classes are troublesome yet they challenge your cerebrum to assist you with learning more.Overall extraordinary school!
As a student that's had constant hardships such as bullying, staff mistreatment, and difficult mental health challenged in middle school, The Science Leadership Academy at Beeber has made comfortable in my skin. At Beeber, our school takes pride in three rules; 1) Respect yourself, 2) Respect others, and 3) Respect the school as a learning community. I've taken those three rules into account every time I stepped foot on our property. Being surrounded by staff that constantly encourages me to remain steadfast and wish to see me excel is so exciting. When around my peers, I'm constantly challenged to be my best self and step out of my comfort zone to explore new environments. In my school, all the materials are provided for me to succeed; such as technology, classroom learning, and a college-prep curriculum. Even though I am currently going into the 11th grade, the community at The Science Leadership Academy at Beeber will make sure I'm well prepared for the world beyond high school.
SLA Berber is know for being rough around the end he’s but it has taught me and my peers so much. I finally realized what I wanted my career to be during my 10th-grade year. My Spanish teacher wanted my group to create our own restaurant in Spanish. She gave us a Spanish speaking country to base our decor, attire, and food on. I was in charge of gathering background research on where and what type of food our restaurant would serve. We made a series of Peruvian dishes that we had to bring into school to serve to my teacher as well as the other half of the classroom. The most challenging thing for the project was setting up and breaking down everything. My classmates and I were under a lot of pressure. I was running in and out of our makeshift kitchen delivering plates and directing others where to go. It was the best experience of my life and it only lasted for one hour. I had finally gotten a taste of what it would be like to make decisions that held large responsibilities.