The Science Academy of South Texas Reviews

Loved my experience there with amazing teachers, great culture that fosters learning and curiosity to know more.
It is very overhyped, to be honest it is just like any other school with a focus on engineering. You are forced to take electives that May have nothing to do with your interest. Plus most of the underclass men teachers are just not good. You barely know the principle and feel like there is no support system. They have a lot of A.P. classes which you cannot take due to all the amount of prerequisites. You will have to pay out of pocket for A.P. and have to take the test in order to get that G.P.A. boost from the class. Overall the school has nothing going for any of it’s promoted science focuses and should instead be a engineering school.
I like the environment and the opportunity to meet different people from different cities. The experience is different then any other high school in which it prepares and help you make the right decisions toward your future career.
Start Your Review of The Science Academy of South Texas
Everything is great at Scitech. The teachers are very awesome. A lot of diversity and you're able to get great education which helps you for college. My sister is in college and she stated that scitech was much harder.
The Science Academy is almost an early college; as a student, I can testify the environment is very competitive but also very family like- if anyone needs help, all they have to do is ask. There are tons of high level resources such as modern 3D printers and plasma cutters, CNC mills, etc... All around a great school!
Definitely a school that prepares you for college with rigorous coursework and an engineering focus with teachers that really know their material and how to help whenever students need assistance. It's small compared to other schools and it's easy to get to know others quickly- however the Scitech community has seen better days in my earlier years than as of late. Students are competitive because of rankings, and sometimes this leads to cheating. The resources are outstanding from the computers to 3D printers and more- all available to students. Driven individuals really thrive here and there's endless opportunities for involvement through school events. Students must really take charge for themselves grade and college wise because while counselor assistance is available, ultimately it's up to the person to complete what's necessary. I enjoyed my time at the school with classmates who turned into family and I wouldn't change it for any place else.
Science Academy isn't like a normal school. It is funded well, and the school actually wants the students to succeed. The School possesses many machines like 3D printer to let students have a diverse experience with many things.
I just graduated. Over the past four years, I learned SciTech is a good school ONLY if you’re going into a STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) field. They will not give you the light of day if you go into any arts or humanities. Administration also will not stand with their students when they need their support the most. Administration cares about the wrong things and has been nothing more than a disappointment.
A very diverse and interesting student body. The teachers helped a lot with things students don’t understand.
When I was a student at the Science Academy of South Texas, I liked that the fact this high school is on a whole different level on the remarks of education quality, activities on campus, and events on campus as well.
I like the Scitech because of the diversity the school is open to.
This school is perfect. I improved dramatically not only in studies, but also my overall health. i am now more outgoing, love classwork, and more motivated to do classwork. This school is the best of the best.
The administration changed over the years, in a way that no longer let us express ourselves. We were not allowed to do many things that we used to, instead we were given detention for standing up for what we believer.
A great school with great staff. Lacks in student freedom. It isn't what it used to be when I entered freshman year. You still learn a lot and the student environment is very secluded.
Attending the Science Academy of South Texas was a challenge for me as of many others because the academic rigor was high but so was competition. This school has a variety of students who, like me, had come from different backgrounds and nationalities to the US and had the same aspirations I do. The diversity in the student population at Science Academy made me more open minded to all types of ideas and cultures.
The Science Academy gave me the chance to participate in an environment where my peers really cared about learning and wanted to further their education. It was because of SciTech's great curriculum that I discovered my passion for electrical engineering.
My experience here was very good overall. The teachers and staff here are all interested in seeing their students succeed. Its curriculum has a good amount of rigor and is centered on pushing students into various STEM fields. There's is always something to be involved in here.
Attending the Science Academy was by far the best four years I've had in my entire life. The school environment makes you feel at home, with well-educated teachers, great peers, and highly involved administration. Every day you walk into class learning something new, that helps prepare us for our soon to be college life.
Start Your Review of The Science Academy of South Texas
This school really treated me well for 4 years. Renovations could be great, and a more spacious environment would be amazing for the incoming classes.
A great school with a focus on STEM-based courses and engineering based outreach. The Science Academy of South Texas prepares a student for their undergraduate studies by providing rigorous coursework and exposure to tools used in the engineering field. The student learning environment is like no other. Students are surrounded by like-minded students who wish to pursue their education and do so by being very competitive and strive for perfection. Overall a great school.
Gets you ready for college, but colleges might not even accept you because of your ranking in such a small class.