The Science Academy of South Texas Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+249 Students
- B166 Students
- A+152 Students
- A+118 Students
- B88 Students
- A78 Students
- A-70 Students
- A-65 Students
- A-62 Students
- B+57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 123 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like The Science Academy of South Texas
- A+South Texas High School for Health Professions
- South Texas Independent School District, TX
- 283 reviews
- B+Thomas Jefferson T-STEM Early College High School
- Pharr-San Juan-Alamo Independent School District, TX
- 92 reviews
- B+Robert Vela High School
- Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 109 reviews
- B+Mercedes Early College Academy
- Mercedes Independent School District, TX
- 92 reviews
The Science Academy of South Texas Reviews
Attending Science Academy has been so rewarding and inspiring in multiple ways. Being able to understand what it takes to be successful in a tough, competitive environment such as Sci-Tech, is extremely rewarding. Especially when you attend a school like mine that gives you the opportunities to learn inside and outside the classroom. Not only do you learn the core materials that are essential for college, but you also learn what type of person you are, the student you are and what are your interests and aspirations. Coming to Science Academy isn't always the easiest choice, but it is definitly the right choice if you want to be pushed and excel at your craft.
The Science Academy is academically challenging, culturally diverse, enjoyable, and one of the highest ranked schools in Texas. It nearly over-prepares its students to enter college, however, which has its pros and cons. If attending, be prepared to work harder than you ever have, but also to reap the benefits of an excellent, high-quality education.
All the teachers I have had at this high school are fun, engaging, and caring. They don't like to proceed until everyone in the classroom understands what's being said. If someone doesn't understand something in class, all teachers are available for a half-hour at the beginning of each day for tutoring. They grade fantastically! I'm a student who wants to know his grades as soon as he turns assignments in, but with grading done at latest the end of the day, I can't complain.