The Science Academy of South Texas Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+222 Students
- B147 Students
- A+125 Students
- A+98 Students
- B78 Students
- A67 Students
- A-60 Students
- B+58 Students
- A-57 Students
- A-49 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 118 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.36 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
The Science Academy of South Texas Reviews
Review The Science Academy of South Texas
Attending Science Academy has been so rewarding and inspiring in multiple ways. Being able to understand what it takes to be successful in a tough, competitive environment such as Sci-Tech, is extremely rewarding. Especially when you attend a school like mine that gives you the opportunities to learn inside and outside the classroom. Not only do you learn the core materials that are essential for college, but you also learn what type of person you are, the student you are and what are your interests and aspirations. Coming to Science Academy isn't always the easiest choice, but it is definitly the right choice if you want to be pushed and excel at your craft.
All the teachers I have had at this high school are fun, engaging, and caring. They don't like to proceed until everyone in the classroom understands what's being said. If someone doesn't understand something in class, all teachers are available for a half-hour at the beginning of each day for tutoring. They grade fantastically! I'm a student who wants to know his grades as soon as he turns assignments in, but with grading done at latest the end of the day, I can't complain.
The environment at Scitech is amazing! Everyone is very easy going and willing to help each other out, even though it is a very competitive school. There is no entrance exam, everyone genuinely WANTS to be there and works hard to stay there.