Since 1645, The Roxbury Latin School has offered able and aspiring boys of Greater Boston a distinctive education. A boys’ school by conviction, our goal is to help students develop a life characterized by honesty, respect, and concern for others. We seek the boy who wants to do something meaningful—even great—with his life. Every RL boy knows that we care most of all what kind of person he is; we are able to meet that goal due to our small size; our passionate, talented, and dedicated faculty; and our mission to instill in students a desire to live intentional lives of purpose, characterized by concern for others.
RL boys are taught that life has meaning, and that each of their lives has purpose and significance. We aim to form men of integrity who want to develop and use their talents to the fullest. We want our boys to become men of character: knowing right from wrong, with the courage to stand for what they believe is right, willing to use their influence for the good of others.
The Roxbury Latin School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+42 Students
- A+27 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+23 Students
- A+20 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+18 Students
- A-18 Students
- A+16 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
The Roxbury Latin School Reviews
Other parts of school life are less stellar in comparison. The current headmaster, albeit kind, is hilariously pompous. Although the school is racially and economically diverse, the RL mindset is homogenous and rarely challenged.