The Pingry School is an elite, private school located in Basking Ridge, NJ. It has 1,080 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 6 to 1. Tuition is $38,273 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
The Pingry School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+56 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+33 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
The Pingry School Reviews
Honestly, this school is amazing. I have been here since kindergarten and am now a freshman. There are small things that could be different. I feel Pingry could work on "sheltering" less. I feel like I have not experienced anything "real" because of Pingry. If there's anything would probably be from my personal life, not because Pingry has exposed me to it. This has had such a big impact in my life because I can tell when I am around my friends they act differently towards me than to our other friends. Like sharing something funny on their phones and saying that I wouldn't get it. I love this school a lot, but I feel like I am this perfect little private school girl who has no clue what happens around in other aspects of life. This school does a great job of getting us ready for college in terms of academics, but in terms of social comfort zones, not so much. At my school there's friends groups and cliques.Other people here don't try to be a part of other groups, which to be a problem
Pingry is becoming an incredibly diverse community. It teaches openness, service, honor, and inclusion. The faculty goes out of its way to give its time to students, and students are encouraged and guided to use their free time to meet with their teachers for extra help outside the classroom. Students at Pingry are incredibly intelligent and involved in everything. The top musicians are also involved in non-music activities, and many of the top athletes participate in music, drama, or the arts as well. The Honor code creates a unique environment where faculty can put its trust in students to do the right thing and make the right choices, allowing for a freer environment where the teacher isn't constantly looking over the students' shoulders. It's an incredible learning environment. Very rigorous.
The school has some of the best academics with several course offerings including Advanced Topics in Computer Science, Literature of Philosophy, or Spanish 7 Advanced Literature & Composition. Pingry prides itself on its diversity among students and teachers. The college counselors are amazing, and college placement is also probably the best in the state.