COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We’re fortunate at Orme to be miles from any city or town. Our physical distance coupled with our home county having one of the lowest COVID rates in the country, has enabled Orme to remain a safe haven to the rising infection rates experienced elsewhere. Students were welcomed back to campus for in-person learning in September. Additional entry dates will take place throughout the school year. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Sportsgrade B+
Welcome to The Orme School. Orme is one of the most unique boarding schools in the country. Set on a 26,000 acre cattle ranch in the high desert of Arizona, Orme has been providing a rigorous college-preparatory education to students from around the world since 1929.
Learning at Orme is active and hands-on. We expect students to participate. Whether it's in the classroom, on the stage behind a podium, in a student-run club or activity or on the playing field, court or arena- students get involved. Orme students embrace the vast expanses of natural resources on campus and in our backyard and faculty integrate these resources into the curriculum. It is not uncommon to see a group of students and faculty hiking to the nearby Native American Ruins or riding horses under the lights of the Rodeo Arena on a Friday night. Orme's campus epitomizes the American Southwest and embraces the ranching roots of the school, while the 4000 foot elevation offers a temperate year-round climate.
The Orme School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A34 Students
- grade B30 Students
- grade A+27 Students
- grade A minus21 Students
- grade A+18 Students
- grade A+15 Students
- grade B minus13 Students
- grade A13 Students
- grade A+13 Students
- grade A+12 Students
Traditional Learning Meets Progressive Learning
Learning at Orme is active and hands-on. Whether it's in the classroom or on the playing field - students get involved. Students embrace the vast natural resources on campus that faculty integrate into the curriculum. By graduation, Orme students have some of the highest SAT scores in the country and are prepared with the tools and self-confidence needed to fulfill their potential.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 25 responses
- Fine Arts Festival27%
- Spirit Week8%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 28 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 26 responses
The Orme School Reviews
It fit all her needs and desires. Highly academic, international students, yet down to earth vibe without the entitlement attitude found all too often elsewhere.
She started only this year but says she is living her best (school) life yet. She is socially as well as academically thriving and just got accepted to be part of the competition barrel racing team. As we are in one of the most difficult years full of uncertainties- Orme has proven to be the right choice 100%. Thank you for making this certainty happen for the lucky students in the middle on the Arizona desert and letting them live a safe student life, isolated and closed off to the rest of this current chaotic world.