COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We have been in-person since August 2020, and offer synchronous and asynchronous instruction. Our divisions have been staggered to ensure the health and safety of our community. Please do not hesitate to contact our Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org Learn More
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade A+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Sportsgrade B minus
The Newman School offers young men and women in grades 7 through 12 preparation for university in the company of students from all around the world. Located in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, close to universities and art galleries, Newman students participate in the International Diploma Program. School culture is friendly and serious.
Sports include basketball, soccer, tennis, cross-country, baseball, crew, and sailing.
Recent graduates attend have attended McGill, Columbia, Cornell, University of Toronto, Boston University, Boston College, Northeastern, University of Virginia, Duke, Wake Forest, and NYU.
The Newman School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+45 Students
- grade A42 Students
- grade A+35 Students
- grade A+28 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade A+22 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade A+17 Students
- grade A+16 Students
- grade A+15 Students
Advantages of the International Baccalaureate
The curriculum for an International Baccalaureate Degree has been designed to assist students in developing the ability to reason for themselves, to become independent individuals, responsible for their own learning. An IB Degree further enhances students’ preparation for the rigor of university curricula, and is valued by these schools as the international standard for education.
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
- Hot dog lunch27%
- Hot chocolate by the fireplace20%
- Ice cream lunch20%
- New Year Celebration20%
- Decorating at the holidays!7%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade C minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade C minus