The Newman School offers young men and women in grades 7 through 12 preparation for university in the company of students from all around the world. Located in Boston's Back Bay neighborhood, close to universities and art galleries, Newman students participate in the International Diploma Program. School culture is friendly and serious.
Sports include basketball, soccer, tennis, cross-country, baseball, crew, and sailing.
Recent graduates attend have attended McGill, Columbia, Cornell, University of Toronto, Boston University, Boston College, Northeastern, University of Virginia, Duke, Wake Forest, and NYU.
The Newman School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+28 Students
- A+28 Students
- A26 Students
- A+18 Students
- A+16 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+13 Students
- B13 Students
- A+11 Students
- A+10 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
The Newman School Reviews
The headmaster has been instrumental in implementing the IB program for grades 11 and 12 and the MYP (Middle Years Program) for grades 7-10. The supportive environment is perfect for students to work hard, enjoy sports and clubs, make friends, develop awareness of the world, and prepare for the future.