The Morgan School is an above average, public school located in Clinton, CT. It has 559 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
The Morgan School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A92 Students
- B-61 Students
- B48 Students
- B-38 Students
- B37 Students
- B-36 Students
- B-31 Students
- B-25 Students
- A+20 Students
- B-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like The Morgan School
- BNorth Branford High School
- North Branford School District, CT
- 136 reviews
- AOld Saybrook Senior High School
- Old Saybrook School District, CT
- 103 reviews
- B+Branford High School
- Branford School District, CT
- 225 reviews
- A-Coginchaug Regional High School
- Regional School District No. 13, CT
- 110 reviews
The Morgan School Reviews
Morgan is pretty normal, nothing crazy. It mainly a white majority school and very little diversity. I had a good 4 years here, with some interesting events happening throughout the years. The facility is good, they are always there to help any student out. There are some teachers, however, who are.. rude to some students and give out too little or too much work. The student culture in Morgan is pretty decent. I've seen students be left out due to the "cliques" in the school. There is also bullying at some points, especially to those in the LGBTQ+ community. Overall, Morgan isn't a bad school. The new school still works fine and it's so much better compared to the old one. I've had past relatives go to Morgan and they went off to do fine. I'd recommend this school compared to like HK or Westbrook.
The faculty at morgan is incredible. Every teacher, especially in honors classes, is passionate avout what they teach and are invested in their student’s education. The adminisitration is accommodating and supporting of students goals and projects. The math department could be stronger and guidance counselors do not consistently push students to apply to more selective colleges. I do also believe that the CP courses do not adequately prepare students for selective colleges (where honors do more-so). However, the sense of community and involvement here is amazing as is our brand new facility. I consider myself very lucky to have had the opportunity to attend this school.
The school is very beautiful! Brand new. The education is good, as well as the food offered in the cafeteria. However, administration is very inconsiderate.