The Montclair Kimberley Academy is a top rated, private school located in Montclair, NJ. It has 1,034 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. Tuition is $37,270 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
The Montclair Kimberley Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+58 Students
- A+56 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+36 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+30 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyB
- Cost of LivingC-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
The Montclair Kimberley Academy Reviews
This is a challenging school which prepares students for the rigors of college work. Top students here can expect to attend the top universities in the US. Above average students also fare very well, especially if they have strong extracurricular achievements in athletics and performing arts. The faculty is strong across the board and the sports programs and coaching staff are improving. Facilities are being upgraded each year. There is a new academic center at the upper school. The school is experiencing record applications.
I've attended this school since fourth grade and I definitely had my ups and downs. I've been fortunate enough be taught by amazing teachers throughout my middle and high school experience. They have guided me, opened my mind and prepared me to face the challenges roaming out there after I graduate. However, there are topics the school could work on from some of the food they provide for lunch to expanding more recognition to the arts. the high cost to attend this school was also a struggle for my family. However, I'm very thankful for being able to experience the diversity and enlightenment offered by this school.
I attended Montclair Kimberley Academy from pre-k through 12th grade, and I am very grateful for everything the school gave and taught me. The teachers are engaging and passionate about what they do, and the school makes every effort to cultivate a diverse, supportive learning and growing community.