The Mary Louis Academy, located on a beautiful hilltop campus in Jamaica Estates, is a Catholic, college preparatory school for young women founded in 1936 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Brentwood, NY.
As New York City’s largest all-girls high school, our students hail from 94 neighborhoods to find numerous opportunities to challenge their minds, develop their voices, and find lifelong friends. These young women thrive in a climate of support and respect, emerging as confident leaders.
At TMLA, 99% of students receive the Regents Diploma with Advanced Designation (9 regents), as compared to the State requirement (5 regents). Students may enroll in one of our renowned Diploma Designation programs, allowing a specialized focus in areas that develop and display their talents.
With over 60 clubs, 29 athletic teams and countless service and leadership opportunities, the after-school atmosphere is exciting and lively as students engage in their interests well beyond the academic day.
The Mary Louis Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+214 Students
- B213 Students
- A-211 Students
- B+158 Students
- B158 Students
- A-153 Students
- A+131 Students
- A-123 Students
- B123 Students
- B+109 Students
TMLA's Diplomas of Designation
Starting in Sophomore year, you may enroll in one of our majors, called Diplomas of Designation. These programs allow you to pursue your interests and gain vital experience. Currently, we offer the following eight Diplomas of Designation: - Advanced Art - Civic Leadership - Dual Language - Leadership and Service - Literary Arts - Pre-Medicine - Sports Medicine - STEM
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.79 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.94 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.94 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.64 responses