The Loomis Chaffee School is a renowned New England boarding school located on a 300-acre campus in Windsor, Connecticut. Chartered in 1874 by five siblings whose children all died tragically and who then selflessly determined to found a school as a gift to the children of others, Loomis provides our students with the best education — an education in which excellence in teaching and learning is shaped by the why, as much as the what, and every member of the community shares a commitment to the best self and the common good.
The Loomis Chaffee School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+66 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+55 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+48 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+44 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
The Loomis Chaffee School Reviews
The one area I felt could use some improvement is support for students on financial aid. I sometimes felt out of place compared to some of my much wealthier classmates.
The advising system would benefit from having more experienced staff members assigned when the student begins Loomis Chaffee and stay with them throughout their time there.
Overall, a special place.