The Lawrenceville School is a top rated, private, boarding school located in Lawrenceville, NJ. It has 822 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 7 to 1. Tuition is $62,190 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 100% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
The Lawrenceville School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+106 Students
- A+103 Students
- A+98 Students
- A+83 Students
- A+82 Students
- A+77 Students
- A+75 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+73 Students
- A+72 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
The Lawrenceville School Reviews
The Lawrenceville School is a wonderful place. It pushes you out of your comfort zone in so many ways. Over the course of four, three, two, or one years, you will learn a lot more about who you are as a person. I had a lot of trouble adjusting my freshmen year, but as a senior, I can look back and see how much I've grown each year! I am grateful for this place.
I have one graduate, one student, and one who has been accepted. I also have significant familiarity with other top boarding schools and their students. I feel that the Lawrenceville experience, while pressured at times and extremely challenging academically, is defined by a deeply joyful community of learners and teachers. The results in my kids have manifested academically, socially, in leadership and confidence. I could not ask for more in a school.
I currently attend the school, and everything is just subpar, the campus is gorgeous however the school has huge teacher disparity. When I say that, the school doesn't have a constant grading, therfore it provides students with different leveled teachers for the same class, causing students who work harder to get worse grades compared to those that dont work as hard based on the teacher, affecting the students' GPA and honors classes, causing it to be unfair. In addition, it's obvious that the students' mental health is not great based on the pressure and the school still doesn't realize that certain students at the school are cliquey or straight mean, and yet don't bother to fix that issue.