The Lawrenceville School is an elite, private, boarding school located in Lawrenceville, NJ. It has 822 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. Tuition is $62,190 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 70% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
The Lawrenceville School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+92 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+88 Students
- A+74 Students
- A+71 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+65 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+61 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
The Lawrenceville School Reviews
The academics of The Lawrenceville are among the best. The teachers are all qualified and have extensive experience from the best high schools and colleges. The school offers many college level courses covering a variety of topics.The student advisors, housemasters and subject teacher provide the students/parents feedbacks through the interim reports, end of semester reports besides of the grade. Most of the teachers are very proud of being the lifetime learners, and they are the role models to the students.I appreciate the efforts to make the campus even more beautiful through various construction projects.
Lawrenceville's academics are very good and do prepare students for the college experience. However, there is undeniably a lot of pressure put on students that may harm rather than help them. In this competitive environment some student struggle to keep up and ultimately are left with insurmountable stress that is never really alleviated at any point during their time here. I would recommend going to school here, however, there is still a lot that the administration could do to foster a more supportive environment on campus.
The campus community provides a safe, nurturing environment to grow academically and personally. The academics are among the best. The teachers are all qualified and have extensive experience from the best high schools and colleges. The facilities are one of a college, including a STEM lab with VR and 3D printing, a building for every subject, and a huge library.House system provides opportunities to connect with smaller group of student. There are diverse group of residents in each house. The mandatory sport for each term brings out a lot of talent in students who would have never tried a sport otherwise. I think ıt is a life changing experience for my son.