Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
The Lawrenceville School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+87 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+81 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+68 Students
- A+63 Students
- A+62 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+57 Students
- A+56 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
The Lawrenceville School Reviews
Review The Lawrenceville School
I begged my parents to even let me go to boarding school. Many of the kids go to this school due to legacy or its mere good reputation. Coming from the south, this prep school was nothing like I'd ever seen before. Lawrenceville is a pressure cooker. Some people come out of it improved and thriving, while others leave (sometimes even before graduation) due to intense stress and feelings of inadequacy. Most people assume they are below average, even if they aren't actually. We live in what we call a "bubble," oblivious to the outside world and often forgetting how lucky we are. There have been many student-run initiatives to break this bubble. I believe there has been progress. I came out of Lawrenceville more confident, but I also both developed and overcame depression and anxiety likely because of it. It's a mixed situation. I would go again, but I would not force my child to attend. It's the best for people who want to attend.
The Lawrenceville School is considered one of the best high schools in the country for a reason. The academics are among the best. The teachers are all qualified and have extensive experience from the best high schools and colleges. In terms of diversity, Lawrentians are from around the world. At Lawrenceville, students are taught manage the many aspects of their lives, and I feel prepared to transition into college. The facilities are one of a college, including a STEM lab with VR and 3D printing, a building for every subject, and a huge library. The sports are also good here. The mandatory sport for each term brings out a lot of talent in students who would have never tried a sport otherwise. Also, students can participate in clubs, sports, and school sponsored volunteer activities. There is much more that could be said about how good the Lawrenceville School is. But I hope from what you have read, you can see how great a school it is.
It is a life changing experience for my daughters, the best investment for their lives. Most teachers live on the campus with the students, they are always reachable. They even make themselves available during the winter/summer break. The students hosted many club events in headmaster's house(also on campus), the door is always open to them. The student advisors, housemasters and subject teacher provide the students/parents feedbacks through the interim reports, end of semester reports besides of the grade. Most of the teachers are very proud of being the lifetime learners, and they are the role models to the students.