Many schools educate; few change lives. The King's Academy is a Christ-centered college prep school that inspires academic excellence, servant leadership, and enduring relationships. At TKA, students graduate with a sense of belonging and a sense of purpose—students know they matter. With a low teacher-student ratio, your student will receive individual attention. TKA's Spiritual Life program and service trips prepare students to make a difference to others. We offer a stellar Visual and Performing Arts program known throughout the Bay Area and field 65 competitive athletic teams.
The King's Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+52 Students
- A41 Students
- A+41 Students
- A38 Students
- A+34 Students
- A33 Students
- A29 Students
- A-24 Students
- A23 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
The King's Academy Reviews
TKA is a great place to get by—the teachers are kind and competent, the atmosphere is laid-back, and if you want a cushy, uncompetitive educational experience, King's is a great choice.
However, as much as King's likes to tout the title of being a "college preparatory academy," this is pure fantasy. King's boasts lackluster academic opportunities and non-rigorous classes, a stark contrast to the excellent public and private schools in the area. While there is nothing inherently wrong with the low-stress style, their approach breeds a sinister culture of apathy.
There is no growth. Sure, King's students have Bible classes and mandatory chapel and even service trips, but when do they challenge their spirituality? When are they encouraged to be skeptical, to converse openly, to think? High school should be a time when we rebel a little, evaluate the status quo to find out what we hold dear, get pushed and push back. That is not TKA.