COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Students in all grade levels, pre-k through grade 12, are attending classes on campus and have the option to attend classes online if preferred. Learn More
- College PrepA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
The John Cooper School is a fully accredited, Prek through Grade 12, college preparatory school that is located on 43 acres that were set aside by George Mitchell, founder of The Woodlands, for an independent school.
Named after renowned independent school educator John Cooper, the school opened in 1988 and has grown in size and distinction to become one of the premier independent schools in the Houston area.
The vision set forth in the formative years remains the same today – to provide a challenging education in a caring environment. Traditional educational practices combined with innovative new methods teach students to become critical and creative thinkers, effective communicators, responsible citizens and leaders, and lifetime learners.
Cooper faculty embrace the opportunity to teach students to think, question, analyze, create, understand and take responsibility for their world, paving the way to go “from curiosity to wisdom.”
The John Cooper School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+159 Students
- A+71 Students
- A+69 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+53 Students
- A50 Students
- A+48 Students
- A44 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+35 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses